Mission 9

The tower shook from where Dante stood, causing his Devil trigger to flash on and off like a light. He noticed the girl never changed though and just assumed she always looked that way. In front of the two were a few lower-level demons that they handled easily. They began to travel to the left first and killed all demons along the way. The familiar rooms were easier to navigate but they were refilled with demons. Dante kicked some of the demons and slashed the others, he also made sure to dodge the projectiles. As for his companion, she got a few demons to accidentally kill each other. After that battle, Dante hit another wheel and a wrecking ball of skulls descended. When he was hitting it, almost destroying it, it began to rise. he needed to do it in a time limit- Ivey jumped on it and smashed down on it. This destroyed it and opened the wall, giving them demons and the golden sun. A new upside-down octopus statue type thing with lasers spawned. They just... jumped and dodged the lasers and hit it till it smashed. More spawned and, having been dealing with these enemies for hours now, were easily beaten. They went back after getting the sun and went to the left side. They noticed there was another way to go in that area, through the hole in the hall. Ivey pointed up,

"Look." She said, making Dante look up and see the balls. He looked toward the wheels and began to hit them. The two balls dropped down and he hit them in such a way that they crashed into each other, making them get destroyed quicker. His hits also helped destroy them, due to the sheer power of the Rebellion. Once destroyed, the grate on the other side rose, allowing him to take the Onyx Moonshard. Demons smelled progress and ran to attack them, but Dante just froze time, running toward the angel demons and hacking away as fast he could before time ran out. One of them hit Dante on the back, which annoyed him because he was doing so well. He gave Ivey the moon and kicked the remaining angel demon thing into the hall, then stabbing it with Rebellion and firing like hell on it. He was kind of getting annoyed with all the demons every five minutes. With his aggression out, the two left back to the elevator. Ivey poked his shoulder and smiled, giving him a quick hug. She didn't understand human customs but she heard they liked hugs. He just shook his head, a small smile growing. He placed the keys in their place and a door opened. Dante remembered the room he entered as Cerberus' room, but all the ice was gone now. He turned toward his partner to make sure she was okay, and it seemed like she was. They ran up the rubble stairs and past all the other rooms they were in once before and came to a whole new room... they thought? Neither was sure where they were going anymore. Suddenly they found Lady in the library! She had finished her climb and was catching her breath. She was probably dehydrated and she just climbed a lot of ground on foot. Dante chuckled, walking past her.

"What's wrong, you tired? Then stand back. I'll take care of this."

"No! You stand back!" Lady cried as she aimed her pistol at Dante, Ivey taking a step back because she knew what was about to go down again. Dante grabbed the gun and got shot right in the stomach.

"I told you, you can't do it. Don't you get it? This is not a human's job!"

"You're the one who doesn't get it! It's not something you can reason with! It has nothing to do with me being a human and you being a demon. I am driven by the inability to forgive him!" Lady continued, moving the gun to Dante's heart, pushing him back, "My soul is screaming, demanding me to kill him! That's enough motivation to keep me going.." Lady took a step back as Dante ripped the gun from her hand. She picked up her rocket launcher and began to walk away, "Besides, this is my family matter. You should stay out of it." She added, her sass finally annoying him.

"Okay, Lady. I get the picture now, but I can't just sit back and watch either. I'm pretty pissed at him too, ya know?" He threw Lady's gun back to her and pointed his own back at her, "Now get out of my way or there'll be some consequences."