Chapter 15

Hello everyone, how are you?! I must say I'm not happy with this chapter at all. I think it's boring and I didn't brought anything new or surprsing so I'm sorry for that. I've been through a lot these past months and I kinda let my stories aside. I've been reading a lot, though, so if you have any story you would like me to read, just tell me and I'll be happy to read it :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without any doubt that was the first moment in my life when I felt the anger take over me. Not because Ashley was kissing Michael but because he was stupid enough to be manipulated by her. Why didn’t he stop her?

“What the hell is he thinking?” I blurted out desperately trying to control the rage that grew all over my body.

“Juliet, calm down. Maybe we’re getting this wrong.” Getting it wrong? That bastard was making out with the most annoying girl in school. I mean, it’s not like he didn’t have the right to do it, Mikey was a free man. He could do whatever he wanted and I didn’t really care about what he did with his life. But making out with… Ashley? Seriously?

I started to think that perhaps it was some kind of DNA thing. Both of the Way brothers had let me down because of that peroxide blond who doesn’t even know how much 1+1 is. I almost laughed with the thought that Ashley was the most popular girl in town even though she’s the perfect stereotype of a blonde rich girl. I felt like I was living some kind of cliché story since every teenage movies I’ve ever saw had an exact clone of her as a character. And then a thought came to my mind. If somehow I was in the middle of one of those idiotic stories in some way I would end up being the one with a happy ending, right? Then why would I care if they were kissing? Why would I be sad or angry about other people’s lives?

After all, that was my first night out. And I wouldn’t let some foolish girl like her to ruin my nigh or my life. I was going to have fun. Without any limits. Without any rules. Just me, my friends and lots of drinks.

“You know what, Gerard? Let’s go get our drinks. It’s time to have some fun.” I smiled and ran to the counter ordering our drinks. Gerard Way was right next to me with a curious look on his face. “What? Is my face dirty? Is there anything wrong with me?”

“No, you’re perfect. I just… didn’t know that side of yours.” I instantly blushed trying not to let the fact he had told me I looked perfect get to me. We were supposed to be friends, right? Just friends.

“What side?”

“Your fun and outgoing side, that doesn’t care about any problems and just wants to have a great time.”

“There’s a lot you don’t know about me, Mr. Way.” And without letting him answer me I grabbed some of the drinks the bartender gave me and went back to our table. If anyone was going to play with me from that moment on, then we were going to play my way. Plus, I was the one who was going to win the game.

Everyone enjoyed the night as much as they could. We all drink and laughed. Emma dragged me to the dance floor and I even lost my fear of dancing in public. It’s not like I could dance but on that moment I thought I was there to have fun so whatever.

Michael eventually got back to the table but I guess he was still trying to assimilate what had happened because he was really quiet and serious.

My cousin and Frank ended up making out somewhere in the club. Bob found some hot blonde to have fun with; Ray did the same with a cheerleader from out school named Stephanie. She actually seemed nice and wasn’t anything like Ashley or the other girls which was a surprise to me. I guess some people just don’t let themselves be influenced by the high school hierarchy.

I’m supposing you’re wondering how I ended up my night. Well, Gerard took me home when things started to go a bit off control. He knew I wasn’t used to go out at night and drink alcohol so he spared me from seeing all of my friends completely wasted and going crazy.

“So...” He broke the silence that had followed us during the complete way home. Now we were at the front door of my house not knowing for sure what we should do or talk about. “I really liked to meet this new Juliet. I think we should see it more often.”

“Maybe.” I saw a little smile sprouting in his lips and I couldn’t help but do the same. I could see Gerard had something to say because he opened his mouth to speak a couple of times. “Is there something you want to tell me?”

“I just… You’re a great girl, Juliet. And you deserve the best in your life. I admire you for being so strong after everything you’re been put through. Hum… and what I’m trying to say here is that I’m sorry for being a jerk to you sometimes. In fact I don’t know why I’ve mistreated you when my feelings for you are completely opposite to my actions and when after all of this all I want to do now is to kiss you.” He stopped speaking for a few seconds and I blinked more than usual trying to assimilate what he had said. “I really want to be your friend and make you happy more than anything in the world so I’m not going to kiss you or try to seduce you anymore. I promise. I’m going to do the right thing from now on.”  

I couldn’t say a single word because the next instant he was gone. I saw his car driving until it disappeared at the end of my street.

Gerard Way had told me he liked me. However, that wasn’t the most surprising fact of the night – and no, it wasn’t watching Mikey and Ashley making out. He had told me he was going to do the right think from that moment on which included him not trying to get with me. Part of me was relieved since we didn’t have to play that so called “seduction game” anymore but the other part felt quite sad knowing he was giving up on me.

But I didn’t like him, right?! As a matter of fact, Gerard was the last guy in the world I wanted to fall in love with. If he wanted to step back and just be my friend I was happy. Now we could be friends without any problems to ruin our friendship.

I was starting to miss the days everyone picked on me and called me a nerd. At least I didn’t want to deal with liking this boy or the other. I didn’t need to worry about anything, only my education. I reached perfect grades and had my whole future granted. Worrying about love, friendship and going out at night was definitely something I never thought I would do. It’s not like I didn’t wanted to do those kinds of stuff but I missed staying home studying or listening to music without bothering about being a normal teenager. I liked being me.

But I wasn’t me anymore.

And my lack of self knowledge was unquestionably starting to mess with my head.