Chapter 12

N:A/ Before you kill me because I'm the most irresponsible writer on wattpad... I gotta say I'm already writing the 13th Chapter! So yeah, if you kill me there won't be a next chapter! Live or die, your choice. haha, terrible joke. Anyway, I hope you like it! Oh! And THANK YOU so much for reading my story, voting and for leaving those beautiful comments that always make me smile! You guys are the best!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juliet Miller, a nerd on the inside and a… well… someone really different on the outside. I have to admit I like the way I look right now. There’s only a tiny problem. Can you guess it? And if you answered “your mom” then you just won an amazing trip to Neverland!

She hadn’t seen my new me and I was seriously scared of showing her. Since it was Sunday, I was the most positively sure she would drag me to one of those tea parties she used to go. I hated them. Being surrounded by old ladies and creepy children was the worst way to spend my day.

“Juliet, dear, it’s time for you to get ready!” It was also time to hide before my mother saw me and had a heart attack. I ran to my closet and tried to find a way to cover my hair without looking too stupid. “Juliet, where are you?” I heard my mom entering my room and panicked. Juliet, calm down! You only dyed your hair black and cut it, nothing too drastic. Well, unfortunately for my mother that would cause a worldwide disaster. “Darling, are you hiding in the closet again?”

“I’m just looking for… an earring… yeah, an earring! I’m looking for an earring I lost, mother. I’ll go out in a few seconds.” Suddenly, I saw a pink hair scarf and I put it on my head covering my black hair. Then I opened the door and got out. “I’m here.”

“Juliet, why are you wearing that?” She pointed at my head with a disapproving expression.

“Did you know women couldn’t show their hair in the old days? They had to cover it and they could only show it to their husbands if they were married.” My mom raised an eyebrow at me confused. “Well, I’m doing a paper on them and I decided it would be better if I could see their point of view. So, yeah, I’m wearing it…”

“Oh! I see, I see! A paper… for school, right! I hope you get an A!” She smiled and put a white dress on my bed. “I bought this so you could wear it today. Now, get ready, I don’t want to be late.” She left the room and I sighed relieved.

I got ready and went downstairs where my mother was waiting for me.

“C’mon now, we must hurry.” We got in the car and headed to my mother friend’s house. Betty Flynn was a 41 year old typical housewife. Her husband was a well-known business man, so Betty didn’t need to work. She only had to throw parties all the time and invite all the important and rich people she knew. Great life, huh? Too bad, those people were not getting any younger and they were all old-fashioned. We had to follow the etiquette rules as if it was the law. I didn’t understand why my mother insisted on taking me to those parties. Besides the old people, the rest of the guests were children with less than ten years old. And then there was me, Juliet Millet, the seventeen year old nerd who went to those parties only because she was dragged by her mother. “Juliet, dear, we’re here.” She was looking at me with a smile on her face. “Let’s go, everyone’s waiting for us.”

When we got inside the house, a maid showed us the way to the garden even though we knew it very well. The garden was decorated with pink and white flowers. There were many tables spread through the place full of mini sandwiches and tea cups. It was a typical tea party. Apart from that, I found that garden really pretty. It was extremely big, so Betty took advantage of the size to put some sculptures and even a beautiful fountain in there. I particularly loved the fountain because it was placed in a quiet corner of the backyard. When I got bored of those parties I used to go there and sit just listening to the water running. It made me feel better about myself.