Chapter 11

You can kill me now! I must say I got stuck with this chapter. I completely lost my ideas to write it. But here it is, I hope you like it! Comment, vote and don't forget to check out my other stories!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up with Emma jumping on me.

“Wake up, wake up!” She was pretty excited for a Saturday. I opened my eyes and closed them again instantly muttering for her to leave me alone. I didn’t want to wake up; it was too soon, at least for me. But soon I got up when I realized I wasn’t either at home or at my cousin’s house.

“Where the hell am I?!” I yelled looking around. I didn’t remember how last night had ended. I mean, I remember talking to Frank it was the last thing I could remember.

“You’re at Frank’s house, silly.” Emma laughed. “Yesterday you fell asleep when Frank was going to get you a drink, so he put you in his bed and called me so I could make you put the clothes he gave me on. He was very attentive towards you, besides he’s so hot!” I could notice my cousin was getting interested in Frank and I must say I liked it because, well, Frank is a really nice guy and as she said: he was hot! “C’mon, let’s go downstairs, the guys are making breakfast.” Wait… the guys?! What guys?!

“I can’t go downstairs looking like this!” I pointed to myself. “Where are my clothes? And by the way, what guys?!” She smirked while picking up my clothes to give me.

“Frank, two other friends called Michael and Ray… and Gerard.” She whispered the last part so I couldn’t notice Gerard was there. “I’m sorry Juliet.” I shook my head picking up my clothes and heading to the bathroom. I looked myself in the mirror. God, I was awful! My hair was all messed up and my makeup was all smeared. I washed up and tried to make my hair look better, which was almost impossible. Then I got back to the bedroom, made the bed and finally went downstairs where everybody was waiting for me.

“Good morning sleeping beauty.” Frank was looking at me with a big smile on his face and a jar of orange juice on his hands. “Did you sleep well?” I nodded and sat on the table next to Gerard. Unfortunately, it was the only seat empty. Since my cousin and most of the guys had already eaten, they left the kitchen and went to the living room to watch a movie so I got to be alone with Gerard.

“Frank told me about the bet.” His eyes widened and he choked on the orange juice. “It’s okay, I know you quit it.” I hate my toast in silence not knowing what to tell him. Then, he got up leaving his plate and glass in the sink and heading to the room where our friends were watching TV. “Gerard, wait! I’m sorry, okay? I know I shouldn’t have believed in Ashley but seriously, what did you want me to believe? I’m a nerd; no one ever talks to me in a friendly way since pre-school. I got used to be deceived by everyone.”

“I wanted you to give me a chance but apparently you didn’t trust me enough to do that.” He had a hopeless look in his eyes.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s too late for that. I guess you’re just like all the other girls, you don’t believe me but when someone who’s well known for being a liar tells you something you believe it right way, just because she’s the most popular girl in school.”

“Gerard…”

“Forget it, Juliet. I shouldn’t have asked you for a second chance. This was a total waste of time.”

“Don’t say that! We can make this work.” I got up and tried to stop him but he just rolled his eyes and laughed sarcastically.

“We? There’s no “we” in me and you. Get used to it, Juliet. I’m done.”  And then he left. I mean, not just the room but the house. I sat there for several minutes trying to believe in what he had told me. So that was the end? I had given him a second chance but he couldn’t give me one even though I had my reasons? Suddenly I realized, if he wanted war, then he would have it but most important he would lose it.