Chapter 13-Surprises

Life is full of surprises, some good, some not so good."- Pablo Escobar

Leandro's POV

It's our big day today. Operation stealing the spotlight is officially on.

It's Raymond and Tara's engagement party tonight and we're going to surprise the crowd by announcing our own engagement, so it will be a double engagement.

This night will be full of surprises and that starts as the crazy woman opens her door.

She made me speechless again not because she kissed me without warning like she always does which I'm getting use to and starting to like by the way.

It's solely because she looked stunning on that black lace gown with short front showing her flow less legs and long see-through back reaching the floor. It's hugging her body perfectly showing her perfect curves.

If the sole intention of wearing that tube dress is to attract attention, then I have no doubt she'll accomplish that with flying colors. Not only she'll draw attention but also knock off all the women in the party and steal all the rakes' hearts. Even Raymond will realize what gem he just decided to throw.

Good thing that gem landed on my hands and I have no intention of throwing it let alone drop it like what he did. I intend to keep it no matter what!

"Mr. Valderama, close your mouth before I do something about it." She teased, which made me crook a smile. She's stealing my line and it's simply amusing.There's no doubt, we're getting comfortable with each other as the day passes by.

"Go ahead Ms. Garcia, you're very much welcome to do as you please. It would be my pleasure." I teased back, which made her blush and smile at me sheepishly.

"You look stunning by the way." I complemented her as I offered my arm to escort her outside. "Please make sure to stay close to me at all times because there are so many vultures in that party ready to attack."

"Thank you. You're not so bad yourself." She gazed at me adoringly and I can't help myself not to be pleased with her action. "And speaking of vultures, the most dangerous one is right here beside me." She muttered to herself.

We both chuckled with that. She's really a good person to be with. You'll never get bored when she's around. That's one of the many reasons why I intend to keep her with or without the bargain.

"I didn't know it runs in the family." She whispered in my ear as we approached the car.

I crinkled my forehead in confusion. "Look at Kenshin, that's what you looked like when you saw me a while ago." She laughed softly with tinge of amusement in her eyes.

He looked like an idiot with his mouth hanged open looking at my date as if the sun shines and sets on her. Do I look like that a while ago? I can't imagine it. Now I'm a bit embarrassed.

"Hey Kenneth Shin, close your mouth before flies enters in it."

"Oh, I'm sorry bro, I just saw a notorious criminal just now." He said seriously that made me alarmed.

"What?" He's not only looking stupid, he's acting like one.

"That beautiful woman by your side just stole the air I breathe and left me breathless." He said with amusement faking a gasp catching his breath and winked at Dominique afterwards.

She burst out laughing enjoying the cheesy line. What so funny about that?

So one of the vultures is here with his sweet tongue and flowery words, I guess I need to prepare myself to deal with different kind of vultures tonight who will try to get this pretty woman's attention. It's a good warm up for me. At least that's what I thought until he just decided to throw his cheesy lines again.