Chapter 22- Family

"Families are like fudge – mostly sweet with a few nuts." – Unknown

Dominique's POV

"Dad, mom, gramps, grandma, this is Dominique my fiancée." Leandro uttered excitedly as soon as we landed on their enormous mansion.

You. Are. Not. Welcome. Here!

I can literally read those words on their foreheads. I'm expected but absolutely not welcome.

No warm hugs. No sweet smiles. Just slight nod and cold stares as cold as the weather. It's only Christmas for me. There's no Merry. They're looking at me from head to foot with displeasure on their faces. Actually, that's understandable because I'm like an out of sort woman with hang over who accidently stepped in a male comfort room and can't step forward nor backward as I was caught red-handed.

I'm wearing my usual outfit. My thrasher pants, which is torn in several places and my loose long sleeve shirt with a cartoon character in front. I'm wearing my favorite red converse, which is also torn and my baseball cap to complete the outfit. Great. I'm utterly underdressed for the occasion.

Or maybe they're just overdressed with their fancy gowns and stilettos and suits. Who the hell I'm kidding? I'm the only odd one out. Even Lean is wearing his three-piece suit. He just came from a dreadful business meeting as he puts it before fetching me. He never commented on my outfit, so I thought it just fine.

Speaking of the devil, he held my hand and intertwined my fingers to mine. He looked at me rather apologetic. He should be. He never told me it's a formal family dinner. No. Not just a family dinner, because some relatives are also present. It's more like of a mini reunion.

The truth is I dressed normally because I don't want to look trying hard to impress them. Surely enough with my out-of-place garb, my plan really worked. They will not be impressed – AT ALL. Way to go Dominique, you just nailed it!

After the unpleasant greetings or more of like awkward nodding with his stunning mom, very aristocratic but good-looking dad, emperor gramps, and strictly looking but beautiful grandma, we headed towards the house instead of the garden where the big Christmas dinner will take place.

"I'm really sorry genie, I didn't know it's a formal dinner." He said as we stopped in the center of their elegant Victorian-themed living room. The furniture has ornate wooden carved embellishments with rich fabrics. The table is marble topped. There are traditional-style lamps in the corner and porcelain jars with crocheted doilies under it. I felt like I time travelled back to Queen Victoria's era. I really like old things because there are fascinating stories behind them. I really love old people too except that they don't feel the same way.

He capped my face with his hands, which caught me off guard. What he's doing?

"I'm sorry genie. I really do. I'll make it up to you, promise." I smiled at him for reassurance. Who would deny him when he's so gorgeous and sincere?

"Third, you're here." We both looked up to where the voice was coming. I saw a stunning woman running downstairs excitedly wearing a black long gown that hugged her perfect body. She looks like a walking Barbie doll. Perfect.

I was stunned when she flung her arms around Leandro's neck and hugged him tightly with me just inches apart from them. What the hell? Who's this woman?

"I miss you." She uttered with her sweet voice reaching my ears and I was stunned once again when she kissed Leandro's cheek and the devil just smiled at her sweetly that I want to hit him on the head that instant to wake him from a trance. Hello! You're fiancée is here.