Chapter 23 -Memories

“Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us.” ~ Oscar Wilde

Dominique’s POV

No familiar pictures hanging on the wall. No electric guitar above the headboard. No drum set in the corner. Obviously, it’s not my room. Where am I?

I got up from the bed and put my sneakers on that were carefully placed in a corner. The room is beige and white. The elegance can be compared to top notch five star hotel suites. The space is huge. Whoever owns this room is minimalist and wants big space to move around. There are plaques and trophies on display.

The room itself is screaming money but what really caught my attention is the picture on the wall that seems out of place. It was old. It’s a picture of group of boys beaming at the camera behind a tent. They’re wearing Boy Scout uniforms. Some of them look very familiar.

Now I remember. They’re the bullies in elementary school where I used to attend. I should remember because I’m one of their victims. They’re my mortal enemies especially the leader. I can’t remember his full name. I’m busy avoiding him at that time. But everyone in school called him Third.

Yeah, that’s him, the crazy little bad boy who promised to marry me when I turn thirty.

I smiled at the thought.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

“Hey, transferee what’s your name?” He suddenly sprouted in the hallway blocking me. I stepped aside and ignored him but he followed me and blocked my way again. “Hey, I’m talking to you.” His gang suddenly showed up beside him to make sure I was cornered.

“By the way, I’m Third. Not first, not second, but Third. Remember that okay?” He offered his hand for a handshake but I didn’t accept it.

“I’m not asking.” I muttered sharply but I’m sure my voice was barely audible. He’s so intimidating standing so proud and tall in front of me with his boyish grin. He’s really tall for a fifth grader and he’s undeniably cute no doubt about that. As a matter of fact, every girl in school who already knew the meaning of crush has that for him and I’m not an exception. But that’s my deepest secret and I’ll die if someone knows specially him.

“Then, I’m telling you.” Without warning, he snatched my ID. “So, you’re Dominique Red Garcia. Nice name.” He then pinned my ID back to my tie. “Nice meeting you, Red.”

“Don’t call me Red. It’s Dominique.” I said irritably but tried to suppress my voice in order to not get too much attention.

He just smiled at me showing his perfect set of teeth. “You’re Red for me. Not white, not blue, but Red.” He then laughed after that and before we got too much attention from other students, I decided to turn my back on him.

But he reached out for my hair and snatched my ponytail.