Chapter 2: Night of the Hunt and A Nemcomer

Steve's POV

As I walked around the environment, I found a small forest, which I decided to gather some wood to create a shelter because it would seem that it was becoming night time and I didn't want to find anything else that would surprise me more than the pig did. I worked for a while to gather wood, find a good spot to set home, build a not too shabby house and the necessities to get started with my survival. As I did all this it made me wonder, "How did I know on how to do all these things, I don't even know I was." But it quickly brushed it out of my mind as there were just strands of sunlight almost drowning into the night sky and the stars and moon began to appear...it was...beautiful...Oh! Sorry for daydreaming.

I was barely able to enter my house until, what seemed to be some sort of green creature, lurking behind a couple of trees. I felt uneasy with the strange figure there, was it a beast that was out hunting looking for food to eat...which might have been...m-me! I was frozen in place, not knowing what to do, now I know what you are saying, "A sane person would just walk into the house and close the door." Well I'm not sure why but I did the exact opposite. I slowly creeped towards the figure by the tree, with a wooden sword I made a while back and as I approached behind the tree where the figure was behind and in my surprise...it was gone...nowhere in sight. I thought to myself that it might have been my imagination running wild for not having anything to eat for a while. I joked with myself for a while and as I turn around to head back to my home, a girl stands in front of me. I did not flinch or back away but I was surprised by the least, she looked me in the eyes and I looked back at her, I started to blush. Her eyes were like roses trapped within the amber of a tree that was sealed away for decades. Her hair was a like the beautiful sunset that you see at the end of a day and her wardrobe was just a green jacket with checkered black patterns, her hoodie covered most of her head with a strange face of a creature that I felt nostalgic to. She wore gloves which seemed to be very fire retardant, I wonder why. We stood for moments but it felt like it lasted for decades. When I was about to say something to her, she broke the silence by saying, "I've been watching you..." and she embraced herself into me, hugging me tightly and not letting go. I was astonished to see her do this and before I got a chance to say anything she interrupted me by kissing me with her soft, tender lips. I was in awe as she passionately locked lips with me, her warm lips made my entire body hot to a boiling point. It was just moments but it felt like eternity. She then moved away from me and still blushing. I was astonished and frozen in place, did that really happen to me, my mind spinning as if not knowing where, that I just wanted to be was with her and her alone. I was able to utter out of my mouth, "Woo... I wasn't expecting tha..." she interrupted me immediately before I was able to finish my sentence she said, "But you must extinguish the flames that reside within..." she then placed her hand into her jacket and pulled out something strange with a sizzling sound. It was TNT! I panicked uncontrollably, until the thought in my mind was to throw the TNT out of our way and that I did. It landed past a couple trees, exploding with a big bang, a couple trees fell to ground from the blast and I saw a chicken that was hiding behind a bush that was blown off got scared, laid six eggs and ran away. Thought of almost dying did not scare me the most it was that a chicken was able to lay six eggs simultaneously... weird. I slowly turn around with a bit of relief on my face, to the girl laughing so hard that she herself might explode. Her laughter was so contagious that I started to laugh myself. We both laughed for a while until it got quiet, but the silence was broken from the sound of an arrow flying by my head nearly missing me. I quickly turn to my back and saw that there was no one there, and then another arrow swooped by but this time scratched by my arm and nearly hitting the girl. She froze in fright as if that her whole life flashed before her eyes. I ran to her and motioned her to get up and run from whatever wanted us dead into the forest to avoid being hit by another arrow. What shot that arrow and why would it try to attack me? But what mainly ran through my mind was to keep this girl safe from any danger, I don't know why but I felt like that I was the only one able to take care of her right now.

We traversed through the forest of trees, jumped over cliffs and ran through rivers like mad men. I had a feeling that what was after us was catching up to our trail with no time to waste at all. I could hear the footsteps of a man, I chose not to look back as it would be a terrible fate if I were to trip over a rock like an idiot around this girl (that I might add she might have not been thinking about how of an idiot I would like if I fell or the fact that we may die if I fall).
I spoke up and said, "Run to the left and I will try and lead him astray, that way you can get away!"
"I am not leaving you!" she said, "What happens if he gets to you? I wouldn't be able to live with myself!"
"But if you are able to escape, I know that I was able to do something good before I died." I said, "I care for you and I would never want to see you get hurt!"
Her eyes started to water and she shook her head in a manner of saying I understand and she runs off into the distance. My plan had succeeded and the hunter only followed me, I was happy but at the same time I was scared out of my mind. Now for some reason since the girl left, the hunter starts to fire his arrows at me again, I try my best to take a peek behind me to avoid getting hit by arrows of death. The chase of cat and mouse continued for about fifteen minutes, until the chase ended when I ran into a wall, landing on the ground with a thud. I got up to find myself cornered by the hunter,which he proceeded to come out of the shadows, he is a very slender but muscular man, with his wardrobe consisting of what seems to be the skin of different beasts (most I couldn't even figure what they were), he had a well groomed mustache and goatee, he carried with him a bow that glowed with an aurora of a thousand suns. He had a scowl on his face that could pierce the soul and take the existence of it from within. As he stepped towards me one foot step at a time, my heart dropped from every foot step, was I really going to die today? I don't even know who I am. He then pointed his arrow towards my head and I accepted my fate and ready for what was coming for me. Before he took the shot he said, "I knew it... I knew you weren't the one to save all of minecraftia. You are nothing but a feeble tick on a cow that just got flicked off by the cow's tail. You are meager, pointless, worth for nothing, I was hoping you would put up a fight, but I guess I was wrong. Oh well maybe I will go after that girl when I'm done with you..." as he was about to finish his sentence, I punched him in the gut and threw his bow into the bushes. I don't know what but I was angry, adrenaline running through me, I couldn't think of anything else but to kill every sole fiber of this guy from the face of existence. I lunged at him with fury and angry in my eyes, he deflected my punch and returned an upper cut into my jaw causing me to go flying into the air. "Well now...you surprised me..." he said, trying his best to hide the pain I inflicted into his gut, "I would have never thought that you would fight back to me, Perathise the God of the Hunting." I just lied there looking up at the sky, it was beautiful... Daybreak came, and Perathise continued, "Well then enjoy the sunrise while it lasted because this will be your last time of seeing it." He then picked up his bow and aimed it towards me. As he pulled back his bow to send the final blow, he was astonished, of me, getting back up to face him. He looked puzzled, as to say you fool are you mad or something? Do you bot see that I am about to like kill you bro. (He might not say it like that but it seemed cooler). He asked in a faint voice, "Why do you get up, you know you won't win." "Well... I can say this...I don't know who I am or what I am or how I got here... but I think I know that I am here for a reason... to protect the ones I love. Even if it means to die trying to, I will not give up, I will never give in for I will do anything to protect everything I care about!" I spoke as my breathing was heavy and I was on the verge of passing out. "I see... I guess I was wrong again." Perathise exclaimed, "I will leave you be and in I will share with you a fragment of my knowledge to you as a prize of surviving against me and to survive this world you are in." he walked up to me and placed his finger onto my forehead and my mind widen as information of different creatures fill into my temple, I fell to the ground exhausted. Perathise sounded off before he vanished, "Until we meet again...Steve..."

I hope you guys enjoyed the second chapter of the series, be sure to show your support and share with your friends so they can join in the fun too! Anyway take care!