The day my life changed forever

WOW I thought to myself i am just going to be another one of the girls he uses, and runs off on. I guess I truly didn't matter to him at all.What did I expect to happen. He's a grown man, I should have known better. Well i told him my period is late so the only thing to do now is find out our fate. Thanks to my amazing sister Dana,she had brought me home a box of pregnancy tests. It was about time though being how i was five weeks late. Dana brought the box into the bathroom, she handed me a pregnancy test. "seriously I am just stressed out with school and everything, I know for a fact that I am not pregnant. There is no way, I would know if I was. I would be gaining weight and I'm not".

I turned the test over and over in my hand, I just sat there staring at the thing that may change my life. It was a shiny solid white foil package with black lettering on it. After staring at it for five solid minutes, I tore open the package. It seem so loud. I took the cap off of the test and sat the test down. "Maybe we should read the instructions first Dana" I said quietly placing the cap back on the test. I placed it on the counter and picked up the box, pulling out the paper instructions. I slowly unfolded it and carefully read,then reread the paper. I pulled out a paper cup and sat it on the counter. "it's less messy if I do it this way I think. How am I supposed to know this is the first time I've ever needed to take a pregnancy test" I almost whispered.

I unbuttoned my pants and slid them down. "i don't have to go yet"I said thankfully. "well then I guess you have to drink another bottle of water" dana said walking into the kitchen to grab a water. I stood up and pulled up my pants, re-buttoning them. I was so nervous, that I started pacing back and forth down the hallway. "Here drink this" she softly said as she handed me the water. "Brenna,don't worry everything is going to work out. I promise. No matter what happens I'll always be here for you. I know you're scared but you don't have to be. You're probably just stressed. The test is justto double check and make sure that you aren't pregnant". She said trying to calm me down.

I took the cap off of the water, and put it to my lips. I drank until it was completely empty. I don't know if my stomach hurts from nervous or downing to much water, but it was in knots. We just stood in the hallway quietly for about 10 minutes until the urge hit me. I quickly pulled down my pants and filled the cup with a sample. I placed the cup on the counter, then proceeded to take the cap off the test again. I dipped it in the cup, then held it there for about twenty seconds. I sat the now used pregnacy test back on the counter. We both crossed our fingers, hoping for a negative result.The five minutes we had to wait seemed like en eternity. My cellphone alarm finally went off. Dana picked up the pregnancy test first and looked at it. Her eyes got wide, then I just knew my fate.

"Shit",she said out loud. Then with out hesitation I grabbed the test from her hand and glanced at it. Shock, disbelief and anger flooded over me. i just blankly stared at the bright big blue plus sign. There it was plain as day and extremely dark. I couldn't open my mouth to say anything, due to the fact that my throat was burning. I was trying so hard to hold back the tears. But it was all for nothing, because I felt them just pouring out of my eyes. As if I had sprung a leak.Dana stood me up and wrapped her arms around me. "Everything will be okay, I promise. We will get through this together" she whispered.

I picked up my cell phone and slowly dialed the number that had been burned into my memories. "Fuck" figures his phone would be disconnected. I called my friend Josh to see if he could take me to a clinic tomorrow after school just to be sure. He said he would pick me up early. I told my mom Josh would be taking me to school the next morning. I went to the bathroom and took a shower letting the water wash away my tears. I couldn't stop crying, What was everyone going to think of me? What was my mother going to say? How was Thomas going to react? What about school? College was probably out of the question now. My thoughts harrassed me, they just wouldn't stop. I quickly dried off and changed into my pj's I brushed my teeth slowly dreading being alone with my thoughts more. I rinsed out my mouth and picked up my hair brush. Slowly I brushed through the little tangles I had in my hair. I turned off the bathroom light and walked into my bedroom. I then crawled into big, comfy bed and cried myself to sleep.