Chapter 1

"Lovers and madmen have such seething brains,
Such shaping fantasies, that apprehend
More than cool reason ever
comprehends.
The lunatic, the lover, and the poet
Are of imagination all compact...."

Wait, lover? No, wait, lunatic?! Who shapes fantasies?

"Ouch!" I moaned.

"STOP singing -correction- stop mumbling. Madmen? Lovers? Poets?"

"Ouch! Why'd you pinch me?!"

"Because she's right! Now wake up!"

Why is it still pitch black?!

"What the-" I shouted as cold water splashed across my face.

"-up?!"

Damn it! It had to be water! Ok so I'm not a 'clean freak', so to say, but still, who the hell is going to wipe the sofa? Arghh! And floor?

So this is my mind right now...
1. I'm wet. So what? My dark brown hair can dry on it's own accord. Right?
2. No no no, our shiny smooth floor is wet.
3. Argh the large sofa too.
4. Must run to kitchen, get, I don't know, a towel maybe, NOW!
5. Soak up water, or do I say spillage?
6. What are you waiting for?

Breathe Sofia, breathe. I look around: April's now sitting at the table eating, looks like cereal. June's pacing back and forth with papers in one hand and mobile the other. But she just pinched me! How long have I been wiping? Hmm, interesting. Me? Why am I sleeping on the sofa? No, it's why was I sleeping on the sofa. Right? I was still dressed in the same suit from yesterday. Couldn't be bothered to change out of my black trousers or white blouse; wrinkled now I may add. My mascara was now...actually, let's not go there right now.

"Stop talking to yourself Sof!" I think that was April shouting. Hmm I wasn't. I was merely trying to explain my appearance and situation to...to um, to. Oh I don't know!

Still slightly disorientated, I got up and looked down on the table. I felt a small smile etch onto the corner of my lips. The neat stack of papers on the table whispered back at me "Sofia, you're ready. They won't know what's hit them once you're done."

______________________

Hi all! This was initially my first story, but ended up getting distracted to write three others! Two completed and on Amazon, another in the process, but thought that I must put this up!!

Please feel free to give me ideas or opinions! And please please please be nice 😁!

Although I have a thing with correct grammar, forgive me if you find any mistakes (my excuse - sheer excitement 😉)!!! Still deciding whether to categorise it as fantasy or romance or even both!

Would love advice on cover front cover!

There will be some historical references (I love History! Can't help it) but story is purely fictional.

Some serious points (sorry but have to include it!):
• All pics are my own so no copying please.
• Story cannot be duplicated without permission from author.
• All characters are fictional, any relations is purely from coincidence.

Basically....all rights reserved.

Thank you all!!

Keep smiling all 😊