Chapter 26

"Guessing it went well," Eliot looked over with a raised eyebrow.

"You have no idea!" He seriously did not. I could still taste her mouth.

"Stop talking to yourself," Eliot stated staring back down at his papers.

"I wasn't. I didn't even let a sound out."

"I know you didn't let a sound out, but I also know that, maybe not physically, but mentally you're always talking to yourself. Is that even possible?"

"Must be, if I keep doing it," I replied.

"So will you tell me what happened? Or do I have to go up there myself? Oh and just to let you know, I do know Sofia." He winked at me and went back to reading.

"You know what?! How do you know, I mean like Sofia? Why did you not tell me?!" If at anytime I was stuck with words, it was now. Speechless.

"Oh come on Adam. No need to be so melodramatic. If I told you, would you physically go up to her? Would you confess your 'undying' love to her? Or would you ask me to talk to her?" He asked, his expression stating 'you know I'm right'.

"Um, yeah well, you never know. I mean I could have done it myself. I don't need someone to-no wait," I stopped mid sentence and looked directly at him with suspicion. "How did you know about 'undying' love? I mean those weren't exactly my words," confusion clearly plastered all over my face.

"No they weren't your words, but it's shorter and easier to say. Inna told me." Eliot simply stated.

"Inna? Who's Inna?" Now I seriously was confused.

"Inna, Sofia, Sof. 'Tomato tomato' Cousins," he pointed at himself. "Look at my face. Eyes, smile?" He gave a smile, "Come on, look at my hair!"

"Does she know I work with you?" I asked slowly.

"Did you mention my name?"

"No...actually I did say El." Then another piece of info dawned upon me. "Sofia? How do you know I was talking about Sofia? I saw Ja-no-Ju-Julie." I let out a deep breath.

"Pfff. Don't you mean Jan? Or was it Jane? We lived in different part of the country, like normal cousins do, but went same uni, and now work in the same building." Eliot mentioned all this with a blank uninterested expression.

"So when I went on about it all to you-"

"-I was laughing internally. You saw the amusement in my eyes right?" Eliot folded his papers and pushed them into his briefcase. "All I'd say is just don't hurt her. I'm not one to give all these long speeches. You're old enough to know not to harm any lady."

"Yeah sure El." I was still trying to come to grasp with this new found info. They did share the same eyes and cheekbones definitely. How could I have missed that?!

"Let's eat. And yes, me and 'Sof' are close and no, I will not tell you what she discusses with me." With that, he stood up and grabbed his keys.

"Hold on El. Have you been getting calls from unknown numbers lately?" The calls that I've been getting had really started to annoy me. "I'm trying to figure out whether it has any relations to the case," I slowly added as my mind started linking things together.

Eliot whipped around, "Adam I was going to ask you the exact same question. I mean of course it slipped my mind completely." He started playing around with his keys absentmindedly. "Adam, let's not think about it. Could perhaps be a prospective client?" Although I wasn't entirely satisfied with his suggestion, I decided to let it drop.

"Alright El, let's go. Besides, I'm guessing Daniel's waiting for me at home."