1

It's the girl😌 let's give the new a try. What could be better than finding a friend that turns out to become your lover🥰. Enter "The Love Within"🤍

So let me take you by the hand
And lead you on this dance
Control is what I got
Because I took the chance
Don't wanna rule the world
Just wanna run my life
So make your life a little easier
When you get the chance to take..
Control

Janet Jackson, age 19. Empress of pop, little sister of the Jackson five. Control was her main purpose, it was what she sought out for the most. Being molded by her parents was tiring, she felt like she wasn't free. As if she couldn't be who she truly wanted to be, in sense she wasn't happy with herself and felt that she was everything but normal.

It was lights, camera, and action every time she turned around. Paparazzi here and there, she couldn't go anywhere without someone following her. Finding love, the love she wanted was so bad seemed so hard to find. She wanted a love where someone would stand by her and never leave. She wanted a life that she could be free to be and do as she please. Friends? She honestly didn't have any, they only looked at for her money, being her friend they thought they could get a piece, wrong. It didn't make any sense to her, how hard was for her to find someone who wanted her just her? Who wanted to be her friend without being looked at by her reputation? She didn't want many or much, she just wanted one person to have a real connection with, yet it seemed impossible.

Sometimes she wondered was it all worth it? Was her being who she was at this point in life worth it?

"That's it for today Janet, you can go home." One of her producers Terry told her, but in honesty home was one place she didn't want to be.

"Ok, tomorrow?"

"Yea, say 1:30."

"Ok, have a good night."

"You too Jan." Leaving the studio she hopped in her Jeep heading to the park.

She sat on the bench looking at the night sky as a young girl was shooting baskets. Janet sat back and watched the girl make basket after basket. She noticed Janet watching so she shot her last one looking back at her and made it. She grabbed her ball going over to her.

"You're pretty good there."

"I'm not all that good, but thank you. You're Janet aren't you?"

"Yea."

"It's true you're even more prettier in person. Mind if I have a seat?" Janet slid over allowing the young female to sit beside her.

"Thank you, may I ask what's your name?" She asked as the girl knew her name but she didn't know the girls name.

"Oh I'm sorry, mi nombre es Toni."

"Ok a little Spanish." They shared a short laugh.

"A lil sumn sumn ya know."

"Yea I know."

"So 10 at night what are you doing out here alone?"

"Just needed to clear my mind some."

"I understand."

" and you, don't you have class tomorrow."

"Nah I'm done for the year, I just only go because I play varsity."

"Oh we have a smarty pants and a athlete."

"You could say that, what school you go to?"

"I don't actually, I just pick up from here and there. I'm never in town long enough to take a full semester."