Chapter Four

A/N: Sorry this took me so long. :( I try to write a lot for BTAM, so this gets put on the back burner. In other news... tomorrow is my birthday! Yeah, I'm a (close to) Halloween baby. :) Halloween rules!

Chapter Four

--Saturday Morning--

I crunch on a bowl of half-soggy Frosted Flakes and watch as David descends from upstairs. His eyes are bloodshot and his pupils dilated so badly I can see them from across the room. There are also deep bags under his eyes and his skin is pale.

“Rough night?” I ask loudly, knowing full well that he was out partying last night.

David looks up and shoots me a glare. I would be scared if I weren’t enjoying this too fucking much.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” I say in exaggerated loudness. I watch as David cringe and I grin. This is why I don’t drink. The hangover is enough to make me hate it.

“You don’t have room to talk, sis. I can smell the smoke from here.”

My stomach leaps into my throat and I try not to cup my hand over my mouth and try and smell my breath. How did he know? Better yet, how the fuck did I not think to brush my teeth?

“I don’t smoke.” I state while calmly meeting his gaze. David and I know each other so well that if I had looked away he’d know I was lying. Hell, he probably knows I’m lying right now.

Damn brother.

“Yeah, and I don’t drink.” David smirks and grabs my half eaten bowl of cereal off the counter.

I try and snatch it out of his hands but he raises it over his head and clear out of my reach.

I reach for it, but he only raises it higher.

“Fine. You can have it.” I fold my arms over my chest and try and act indifferent.

Doesn’t work.

“Thanks, Sis, you’re the best.” David drawls before tipping the bowl back and swallowing half of it.

I glare at David for a second before sliding off the counter and grabbing a Pop Tart out of the box by the toaster. I pop it into the toaster for a few seconds before pulling them out and laying them on a plate. I climb back on the counter.

I take a bite and wiggle my eyebrows at David. I know how much he loves them. Chocolate Pop Tarts are his favorite. I watch as he rushes over to the box and digs a hand in it.

“You ate the last one!” He accuses , twirling around to face me.

“Yup.” I drawl, munching on the bar of sugar with a stupid happy look on my face.

I don’t get to enjoy his anger for long because my phone beeps at me. Setting the plate down on my knees I slide open my phone.

“Morning, sweetheart. Ready for round two?- E”

I sigh. It’s almost one o’clock in the afternoon. This isn’t exactly what I wanted to do today.

Before I can even think about it, I quickly type out

“Sure, what does round two require?”

Not even a minute later do I get a response.

“Just your pretty self- E”

God. What could he have planned?

I don’t get to think about it because I receive another text.

“Dress and heels, Sweetheart. Mandatory.”

I frown. Dress? Heels? Shaking my head, I quickly finish off David’s Pop Tart and jog back upstairs. I don’t need David staring at me and wondering what other things I’ve been up to. God knows he doesn’t need to know about the whole deal with Eric. He’d be pissed if he knew.