Chapter Eighteen - Eric's POV

Chapter Eighteen

Eric’s POV

What the fuck is she doing here, I wonder as a nurse checks my vitals. Hell, what the fuck am I doing here? Was I beat up? I snort, I don’t get beat up. I feel like crap, but I know from the pain that it’s old. I’ve been here awhile. The question is, why the fuck am I here?

The first thing that pops into my head when Anna walks into the room is “Simon says” who the fuck says that. Goddamnit. Why do I feel like I have a connection to this girl? She signed the papers to agree to do what I say for six months and now I feel like I know here? What the Gods-be-damned fuck?

I think of kissing her at the party. That girl can kiss. I wonder why she’s here. I cast my eyes over to her and find her staring at me, nibbling on her lip. Damn that’s sexy.

I think about how she ran away from me that night. How I had to have her do something so I could see her again. Do something? I frown. I had to make her do what? I rub my forehead, trying to piece this together. Damn it, why can’t I remember. My head starts to hurt and I groan. I had her… I had her sign the paper… oh ya. Fuck, why did it hurt to remember that?

The nurse taking my vitals notices me rubbing my head and softly pulls my hand away.

“Your head will hurt for awhile, sir. The doctor will be in in a moment to ask you some questions.” I want to know more but the nurse grabs her clipboard and clears the room before I can ask her anything. Goddamn woman.

I turn my attention to Anna. How can I remember her name but I can’t remember when I last say my brother. Where is Ethan? Was he in a fight with me? Is that why I’m here? Is he hurt?

“Where’s Ethan?”

She covers her mouth with her hand and I her eyes get watery. What the hell is wrong? What happened to my brother.

“Anna, what’s wrong?”

She closes her eyes and takes deep breath. What the hell is going on?

“Come here, Anna.”

She gingerly takes a step forward. Her hand covers her mouth like she’s afraid she’ll catch the plaigue without it there. Jesus Christ what the fuck is going on.

“Anna…” I say when she gets close to me. “What happened to Ethan?”

Anna smiles sadly behind her hand and shakes her head. She drops her hand from her mouth and rubs her forehead. “Ethan’s fine.”

“Then what is it?”

Anna takes a deep breath in through her nose and out through her mouth.

“Eric, you were in a car accident. You’ve been in a coma for the past month. You just woke up today.” She says this in a rush, her words barely separated as she runs them together in her hurry to get them out.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” I know I’m in a hospital, but a fucking coma? How could I have been in a fucking coma?

“I want to talk to a nurse.” I say at last. I need a second opinion. There’s no fucking way I was in a coma. There’s no way I’ve lost a month of my life laying in a hospital bed.

I glance over at Anna and see her biting her lip and staring at me with her beautiful eyes. If I was in a coma, did she miss me? We just signed a fucking contract, why the hell would she miss me? She was probably skipping along happy as fuck to not have to deal with me.

Then why does she look like she cares?

Why does she look like she’s about to cry?

A few hours later I’ve accepted the fact that I have, indeed been in a fucking coma. It took awhile, a near argument with one of the nurses and a long talk with the doctor. I didn’t want to accept that I’d been in a coma. Who the hell would? One day you’re living your life, then you wake up and a whole month of it is gone?