Chapter Four

Title: The Only Exception

Pairing/Pairings: Zayn/Liam (side pairings: Niall/Josh, Harry/Louis)

Disclaimer: This is a fictional account, nothing it taken place in real life. This is placed in an Alternate Universe (AU). The characters in this story are not owned by the authors.

Authors: 1dforeveralways + ToInfintyandBeyond

Summary: You can’t earn a place in royalty, you are born into it. Where you are placed in society is just the luck of the draw. It doesn’t matter what you deserve. What you have is what you are given. Princes are given many privileges; it is influenced by your traits as to how well you use them. What happens when two parts of society collide? Do opposites really attract or is it harder when you have nothing in common? A Ziam Mayne story.

Author’s note: I'm really sorry guys, I understand this chapter isn't my best but we haven't updated in ages. Please check out @ToInfintyandBeyond’s fics, remember, she writes half of the chapters :) – Sarah x

Chapter written by: 1dforeveralways

Chapter 4

Liam hurriedly rushed to Louis’ room that didn’t mean he was any less cautious. This time he slowed before every corner; he couldn’t have a repeat of the morning’s occurrences. Liam would be lying if he said bumping into the tanned boy was a situation without any positives. He found many Zayn’s persona quite intriguing, for someone so high on the social ladder, the royal was more than genuine and compassionate towards the people surrounding him. Liam clutched the tray into his chest and slowly opened the door, he timidly stepped into the room. Although Zayn’s actions may have rescued him from Louis’ wrath the first time, he knew that the blue eyed boy was one to hold a grudge. Louis wouldn’t allow him off the hook that easy.

“Your breakfast Master,” Liam announced nervously chewing on his lip. He looked completely vulnerable, his leg was twitching uncontrollably, this time he had no impact on his future. Louis was in total control.

Louis’ head turned to face Liam, he had a hand on his neck and his facial expression displayed nothing but sadness. Liam only needed to see his eyes to realize that Louis was hurting. He never considered his master as a person with feelings. To Liam, Louis was a powerful icon that could control anything he liked but he didn’t think that once, his emotions would overwhelm him.

“Am I really that horrible of a person?” Louis asked softly. His voice was shaky, a single tear escaped his eye as he spoke the sentence. What he needed was reassurance but Louis didn’t want that reassurance to be a hoax, he wanted someone to honestly tell him that he wasn’t that bad a person.

Liam stood frozen, his eyes glued to the floor. Before today, he would have completely agreed with Louis. He would have assured him that his assumptions were wrong, that his attitude was purely based on the fact that he was a royal but today he learned otherwise, Liam found Zayn.

Zayn taught him that kindness could be given in any social status it didn’t matter if a person was a King or servant, a prince or princess. Power was given to someone but it only depended on them as to how they used it, Liam awkwardly shook his head before opening his mouth to speak, “You’re not that bad a person sir.”

Louis studied Liam’s features, he hated when people lied to him. Louis never found any kind of lie necessary, the truth was the truth. If it hurt, that was the way life went. “I don’t want you to lie to me Liam, how am I any different to Zayn?” Louis asked.

Liam sighed slumping his shoulders before changing his gaze to the floor. The difference between Louis and Zayn had nothing to do with their distinct appearances. Louis did not ask the question to find out who was more intellectually talented. Liam gradually found the courage to speak, “He makes me feel the least bit special, sir.”

Louis nodded his head turning to face the wall and curling his knees into his chest. That’s what people thought of him, Louis Tomlinson was no other than a jerk who made others feel worthless.

By then, a young boy tapped Liam’s side signalling for him to continue with his duties, Louis sat up once again to apologise to Liam before his eyes were met by a set of green, “Hi, I’m Louis,” he introduced himself from the other side of the room.