Prologue

Title: The Only Exception

Pairing/Pairings: Zayn/Liam (side pairings: Niall/Josh, Harry/Louis)

Disclaimer: This is a fictional account, nothing it taken place in real life. This is placed in an Alternate Universe (AU). The characters in this story are not owned by the authors.

Authors: 1dforeveralways + ToInfinityandBeyond

Summary: You can’t earn a place in royalty, you are born into it. Where you are placed in society is just the luck of the draw. It doesn’t matter what you deserve. What you have is what you are given. Princes are given many privileges; it is influenced by your traits as to how well you use them. What happens when two parts of society collide? Do opposites really attract or is it harder when you have nothing in common? A Ziam Mayne story.

Author’s note: We’re starting a new fanfic which will be co-written by ToInfinityandbeyond and 1dforeveralways. For ToInfinityandBeyond it is her first fanfic so please support us in our writing. We don’t want to bore you so here’s our prologue. Enjoy :) This is dedicated to @ToInfinityandbeyond so you can access her account through the story on mine ! Here you go ! x

Chapter written by: 1dforeveralways

Prologue

Sand washes past your toes, falling back into its place with the billions of other grains the in the ocean. Love could be defined as the sea; it is made up of so many wonders yet the basic formula is hydrogen and oxygen. Even then, hydrogen atoms are always more prominent than oxygen fragments. Does that mean in love, there is always a person who cares more than the other? Would love ever be equal or does every couple in the world be distinct in the depth of their emotions? Love is never equal; some people know this better than others. The only way to find this out is to get hurt by the one you cared about most.

Zayn Malik knows this theory all too well. A prince wouldn’t seem like one to experience heart ache and pain but Zayn’s isn’t like his brothers who were regarded as the average prince. With Zayn’s flawless yet simple exterior no one could guess what was hidden by that award winning smile. Zayn somehow managed to gain muscle inside his skinny frame. With golden-brown eyes and a heart of gold, no one really payed enough attention to him to see how much he was hurting.

Zayn would spend hour after hour, gazing into the distance, only a single thought on his mind. Who was going to save him?

The tanned boy himself knew he was already broken; that only caused a larger plummet in self-confidence. Zayn wasn’t hurt for nothing, there was obviously a reason for his condition yet no one had ever cared enough to realize that. Zayn’s only way of expressing his emotions was a simple leather notebook sealed in the safe placed in the corner of his room. No one had ever read what was in his diary, if someone truly wanted to understand Zayn, they could some other way. A way that proved to Zayn they actually cared.

****

Liam Payne was a servant of British royalty. In fact, he had earned the absolute highest place a servant could acquire, becoming a personal slave of the next to the crown. Liam’s master wasn’t the most pleasant person in the castle yet he was a royal and he deserved respect. Louis Malik was the oldest child of the crown and apparently, with age came brutality. Louis could have treated Liam better. Louis could have treated everyone better but Liam obeyed his every wish. He had never been late, his duties were always completed and Louis soon became fond of him.

With his busy lifestyle, Liam had never opened up his heart. It seemed as though there was a wooden box, concealing his heart. Only one person had that key. Liam believed that love would find him; you don’t force yourself to fall in love. You just fall.