Chapter Two

Title: The Only Exception

Pairing/Pairings: Zayn/Liam (side pairings: Niall/Josh, Harry/Louis)

Disclaimer: This is a fictional account, nothing it taken place in real life. This is placed in an Alternate Universe (AU). The characters in this story are not owned by the authors.

Authors: 1dforeveralways + ToInfintyandBeyond

Summary: You can't earn a place in royalty, you are born into it. Where you are placed in society is just the luck of the draw. It doesn't matter what you deserve. What you have is what you are given. Princes are given many privileges; it is influenced by your traits as to how well you use them. What happens when two parts of society collide? Do opposites really attract or is it harder when you have nothing in common? A Ziam Mayne story.

Author's note: Hey guys ! New chapter, uh yeah :) I wrote it on my phone so sorry if the format is wrong or if it is too short. Anyway here it is xx -Sarah

Chapter written by: 1dforeveralways

Chapter 2

Liam flinched at the sudden tug on his arm, he had almost forgotten that the figure lying on the floor also acquired humanly traits. It only proved how unalert the Wolverhampton boy was. Even though the boy he had knocked over was a royal, he was still human. Liam hadn't had time to process this during the hectic seconds that had just past.

"Hi."

The voice was low and husky, it was the perfect morning voice. It didn't sound like a growl nor was it too high pitched. His voice seemed to be more mature than the average teenager, causing Liam to guess he was in his early twenties. As Liam matched the voice to the face he knew his assumptions were incorrect.

The boy had extremely defined features. His eyes were of Liam's shade yet they had a gold tint added them. The length of his lashes only added to his beauty. His lips were light red and relatively plump. The tanned boy's facial bones seemed to fit perfectly with his whiffed up hairstyle. Liam seemed to having these thoughts more often than not when it came to boys, he didn't like them. Yet again, Liam had never been certain about his sexuality, he had never had a girlfriend and since he isolated himself from the social aspect of the castle, he hadn't given girls or guys a chance.

Like most, Liam had grown up in a heterosexual family. Watching the way his parents acted influenced his morals and beliefs. Being a child, he was forced to believe that women were required to have a male spouse and vice-versa. People could defy the morals of society, but who had the courage to do that? People of his day and age knew were they stood and rarely stepped out of line. Liam wondered if he did discover was something other than straight, would he defy society to pursue it or would he lie to the world about who he really was.

Liam was a strong believer of love and soul mates. He was definitely a romantic. A romantic that had never fallen in love. It was quite a unique combination, yet again, Liam was completely different to an ordinary individual. The tanned boy coughed awkwardly bringing Liam back to reality. Liam opened his mouth to began an apology but found that he was completely speechless. He'd never been in any situation similar to the one he was in at the moment but who experienced dropping a Prince's breakfast all over another royal, "I'mreallysorryyourmajestypleaseforgivemeitwasanhonestmistakei'mreallysorrysirIpromisetocleanitall," Liam inhaled a large breath as he finished.He stared anxiously at the boy wondering why he hadn't snapped at him yet.

Zayn's lips tugged into a reassuring smile, he nodded his head sitting himself up. "Okay, I'm going to ask you to calm down and repeat that sentence. All I heard was 'sorry', 'majesty' and 'promise'. I'm not going to hurt you...?" Zayn explained leaving the last part a question for the boy to supply his name.

"Liam," he said eyeing the floor. The boy was far too kind to be in any way associated with Louis. Without any say in his next actions, Liam felt the words rush out of his mouth once again, "I'mreallysorrysirpleasedonttellanyoneaboutthisLouispleasehe'dbereallymadatmeI'msorrysir," Liam blurted once again. He mentally slapped himself at the involantary action. "Sorry your majesty," he said blushing wildly fixing his eyes on his shoes.

Zayn couldn't help but chuckle, he rested his hand on Liam shoulder feeling his cheeks turn slightly pink at the brief contact, "Liam, let's try this a third time, I'm not going to hurt you," Zayn said releasing his grip on the well built boy. "And I'm Zayn, not 'your majesty'."

Liam sent Zayn a confused stare he wondered if the boy was actually royalty. He might have been a higher-classed official but the King knew better than to put anyone so young into such a duty. He nodded and this time made a mental note of his words before speaking, "I am really sorry for spilling everything on you. I was in a bit of a rush to get this to Prince Louis," Liam explained before bowing. Even if Zayn was an official, he deserved the respect of a prince.

Zayn froze, widening his eyes, "You work for my brother?" Zayn asked feeling nothing but pity towards the golden haired boy. He knew that his brother wasn't the nicest person to anyone below his social class ranking. That included Zayn. Zayn was a little over a year younger than his brother meaning Louis had the right to order him around. Since Zayn's roles were restricted he never had to go to drastic lengths to please his brother. He could only imagine what Louis put Liam through.

For some reason, the thought of the chocolate eyed boy ever being hurt angered Zayn. He wasn't one to have a different emotion on a hourly basis. Zayn would consider his usual state as 'blank'. Somehow in the last few minutes he'd felt a large variety of different emotions. It could have been the effect of meeting someone new. Or simply the fact he had just met Liam.

Liam hesitantly nodded his head, Zayn and Louis were related. Their features were so distinct. Zayn couldn't find any similarities in either their physical appearance or their personality traits. "Is that a bad thing your ma- Zayn," Liam corrected himself.

"Oh it's just that I know what Lou's like, he isn't the sweetest guy," Zayn explained like it was the most casual thing in the world. He looked from side to side, noticing that none of the liquid had hit the carpet. It would only take the pair a couple minutes to tidy up.

Zayn decided that, rather than leaving his new found acquaintance to clean the mess alone, he'd help him. Zayn found Liam intriguing, though their statuses could be described as polar opposites, Zayn noted many things that he found attractive about Liam. Zayn wouldn't judge on a person's physical appearance, even though Liam was absolutely beautiful, Zayn found quite adorable when Liam stuttered when he became nervous. He liked the way the boy would bow his head in attempt to hide a blush. He admired the small birthmark on Liam's neck that proved that he wasn't afraid to hide who he was. It was the small things that Zayn admired about Liam.