Chapter 5

Luke's POV

"Shit!" I thought as Barbie walked past just as I was opening the door to go and brush my teeth.

I hid behind the slightly open door before hearing the door next to it closing. Soon after Michael walked in and shut the door before tossing himself on the large day bed.

"I revoke my earlier statement about her being a bitch." he stated almost diplomatically.

"Who's her?" Ashton asked while looking up from his laptop that was on the desk.

"Barbie." Mikey answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Cal shot him an overly dramatic sarcastic look from the air mattress he was on as if to ask again 'Who?'.

"The girl, blonde, nice ass, pretty sexy to be honest. Has a decent taste in music. Girl in the room next door."

I rolled my eyes at his description as a look of understanding came over Ash and Cal's faces.

"Cute name." Ashton said while still caught up in whatever was on the screen of his laptop.

"Sounds like a stripper's name." Calum stated bluntly.

"So did you learn anything about her?" I questioned eagerly while ignoring the two as I plonked myself down in the beanbag chair in the corner.

"Why are you so curious Luke?" Ashton asked without averting his eyes from his laptop.

'I don't know, maybe because I'm ninety nine percent sure that this girl isn't who she says she is...' I thought momentarily before just rolling my eyes.

"Well like I said, nice ass, great legs, great boobs-"

"Ha, boobs." Ashton interrupted making Calum giggle like an eight year old.

It was in these moments that I questioned whether he actually was the oldest of us all.

"Anyways, really amazing body over all. I think her birthday is in June, her hair is dyed platinum, and it sounds like she's going to dye it again soon." He rattled off.

"How do you know her hair is dyed?" I asked inquisitively while leaning forward just a bit.

"Well when she put her hair up there was a brunette streak at the back right. Plus her roots are coming through."

"Huh..." was all I responded with before getting up and going to the trundle to lay down.

"I'm tired..." Ashton said as he got up and closed his laptop before walking over to his blow up mattress that was in front of the door.

"Night." Mikey said from the bed.

"Night guys." Calum said with a yawn.

All was silent for a few moments before something hit the wall between our room and Barbie's room.

"Shut up! All I can hear is constant mumbling and it's so annoying!" She yelled through the wall.

'How lady like.'  I thought to myself before drifting off.

Barbie's POV

The sunlight came through the light weight curtains that were covering my windows and I smiled to myself for a moment before sitting up and checking my phone.

"Shit!" I let out as I saw the reminder covering the screen that told me about my salon appointment in twenty minutes.

I all but rolled out of bed and tripped over a pair of shoes that I had left in the middle of the rug previously before I caught myself on the door of my wardrobe and swung it open. Grabbing a random pair of skinny jeans from a shelf, I hopped around while trying to get them on after hastily changing into a pair of underwear that wouldn't show.

I groaned loudly as I realised that the left knee was ripped but I didn't want to change and risk being even more late. Pulling off my bra, I grabbed the matching one to my underwear before reaching to where I usually kept an oversized sweater. I say usually because it wasn't actually there. Of course that's the moment that I recall that I brought it to the dry cleaners a few days ago.

Quickly dragging a pair of white Louboutin peep toe sling back pumps that had candy coloured studs all over them off of my cube shelf, I ran into Molly's room, and quite honestly I couldn't have cared less that I was just about topless in a room with four boys. I really didn't care that they were all still asleep as I jumped over an air mattress and dragged back the sliding door to Molly's wardrobe. Flipping through the hangers, I groaned again as she didn't have anything.

"Fuck!" I dragged out as I turned around and scanned the room to see if she left anything.

Not a thing. Not one. Seeing a large cream sweater I ran over and grabbed it from a bag before calling out "I'm borrowing this!"

I pulled it on and grabbed a black purse from the back hall before hopping while putting my shoes on and tossing phone and wallet in the bag.

Skidding into the bathroom, I quickly brushed my teeth and grabbed my mascara and lipstick and threw them both into my bag along with a compact before just about ripping a brush through my hair and putting it up into a messy but cute ponytail. I ran out the door only to come flying back in to grab my keys before rushing out again and locking the door.

The elevator was being too lazy for my liking, so in true Barbie fashion, I pulled off my shoes and ran down all five flights of stairs before bursting out the last door completely out of breath. Getting my shoes on again was a task in itself as I went over to the door and ran out to catch a cab. Thanking the lord that it was just cool outside and not freezing like yesterday, I climbed into a cab that pulled up and gave them the name of the salon and the street intersection.

"Great way to start off the day..." I mumbled to myself while putting on my makeup in a rush and just waited for the car to get to the destination.