Chapter 2

Luke's POV

"Geez... Is it just me or is that girl one uptight bitch?" Cal said as he slumped down into the place he had taken on the sofa.

Michael agreed as did Ash as I started zoning out.

"Those shoes..." I mumbled as I thought to myself.

"What was that Luke?" Ash looked over at me during a commercial.

Shaking my head, I stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"Nothing, it's nothing. Where did that girl say the pizza place was? I'm hungry."

"Luke you're always hungry." Mikey pointed out.

"No doy, but so am I." Ashton came into the conversation as he stood and joined me on the other side of the breakfast bar.

"I think she said it was on the corner." Cal piped up again as he now had gotten comfortable and was flipping through the channels on the tv.

I nodded and put on my black wool coat and Vans as the guys all shouted their orders. You would think that after two years of being together almost twenty four seven that they would trust me to know what they like on their pizzas. Apparently not.

Waving them off I walked out the door and went down to the lobby before walking out the doors. I went into the pizzeria and put in the order before leaving and deciding to take a walk. Yeah it's cold, but I couldn't care less right now. I just need to think about this girl.

I thought about that day that I had tried so hard to discard the memory of as I trudged through the small amount of snow on the pavement.

I was working at the country club on my day off because a special party was in and they had rented out the entire dining room for apparently just four people. I knew that the father and daughter who belonged to the country club did things like this all the time but since I was fairly new I had never met them. The staff that I had talked to said that they were one of the most prestigious families in the country. It was only a father and daughter because the mother left them when the daughter was just a baby.

The staff also told me that they could tell the girl was getting sick and tired of all the hullabaloo that came with having her name. I can't recall the name but I think it was Italian. Anyways they told me how she liked to do what she wanted and if she couldn't do that, well she would do it anyways. They told me about a pair of shoes that she kept in the coat check room along with the leather jacket that her father wouldn't let her wear as he thought they weren't appropriate for a country club. I heard about how she would take her horse from the barn in the middle of the night and go riding in the woods to where everyone thought that she had a treehouse. Nobody knew for sure but they all thought that she was gone so long that she couldn't just be riding.

What I wasn't expecting about this girl was for her to look and be so mature. She could've easily passed for my age at the time. Her hair was a dark, shiny chocolate that came to her waist and had a blue hair tie wrapped around her right wrist. She had on beige wedges that had little bows on the front and her legs looked like they went on forever.

"She had to be at least five foot nine..." I thought aloud.

Her plaid dress had a small belt around the waist just below where her hair hung. I could see when she was sitting at the table with that stuck up jerk next to her that she had the most bored look on her face. I didn't notice that she had even spotted me when I came out to the bar to put some clean glasses away. Bert pointed it out after he came back from filling her water glass and that was when I glanced over and smirked a bit when I saw her cheeks fill with a rosy colour that definitely wasn't make up.  

I saw her stand up and say something and the jerk stood up with her. She waved slightly and he nodded before sitting down and she quickly weaved through the empty tables and exited into that large main hall. I slipped into the kitchen and took off the apron I was wearing before sneaking out to the hall and following her. I was mesmerised by the way that she was so fluid and graceful as she walked and was knocked out of my daydream as I saw her eyeing the unattended coat check room.

Knowing exactly what she was going to do I snuck in and closed the window cover silently just as she zipped up her boot. I can't recall exactly what those boots looked like, but I could've sworn that they were the same ones that the girl we're rooming with was wearing when she left. And she looked a bit familiar.

Moving on, the country club girl stood up and bumped into me before putting on a fierce look and telling me to move. With her shoes on she was just a few inches shorter. I told her no and she took a step back before hitting the wall. There were a few more words exchanged before I kissed her. Just as it was getting good she slipped from my arms and ran. After that day I never saw her or her father again.

Still to this day I don't know where she went, I don't know if I was the reason that she ran or if it was the day she broke from all the pressure of being the perfect daughter. All I knew was that she was gone for good. I tried to find out more about her to find where she went but I never did. A rumour spread that she ran away, left the country. Another one said that she eloped with some lover. I heard one of the chefs say that she disappeared and her father has given her access to all the money she could ever want in hopes of her coming back.

What ever she did she was gone. It was hard because it was kind of like a Cinderella story, just she didn't lose her shoe. I still wish that I could find her and sometimes I'll dream about her, but that's all it is. A dream...

"Maybe one day..." I mumble as I keep wandering the streets.