The world's getting weird now.

Feeling too wired to sleep, you turn your bedside lamp back on and get comfortable amongst your pillows. You need to find out what the hell is going on between you and Tom. Opening google on your phone, you start searching for any information on shared dreams. Your eyes widen in surprise at the amount of websites that pop up. Tucking a strand of hair behind your ear, you bring your phone closer to your face as you scroll through. There's questions on Quora, and many new age websites. You click on a few of these and read. They mostly say that people who share dreams are in close relationships, or are family. Even some twins have shared dreams.

You frown, but Tom and you aren't close. You only met yesterday! So why is this happening? Sighing, you click on another website that says shared dreaming can be due to telepathic abilities. You snort, telepathic abilities. Yeah, right.

Scrolling through these websites, your heart sinks like a stone. All this information isn't promising, it just sounds like fairy tales and nonsense. There's only a couple of sentences that mention strangers having shared dreams but they offer no explanations as to why. According to these websites there's been many "documented cases" of people sharing dreams but none of them can provide a convincing reason as to why they do.  Finally, you find a promising looking website; Psychology Today. You click on it and read through the article, hope flickering in your chest like a flame. The author explains how the best documented cases were between therapists and their clients. How odd. The author also notes that twins and people in close relationships share dreams. You read through the article, and that flicker of hope gutters out in your chest. The author speculates that people believe they share the same dream and says no studies have been done, so there's no plausible explanation for people sharing dreams.

" Great," you sigh. Putting your phone back on the bedside table, you turn off the lamp. Well that was a waste of time. Now you'll have nothing to show Tom when you see him for lunch. There's no plausible reason why the pair of you have been sharing dreams. You fluff your pillows in frustration. Of course this wasn't going to be easy. Flopping onto your back, you see the first golden rays of dawn peeking through your window. Your eyes feel heavy and the nights events hit you like a sledgehammer, exhausting you.

You stare at the ceiling , wanting to forget this whole thing. You wish you weren't in some weird car accident when you were a kid, and you wish that Tom and you weren't sharing these dreams. You wish there was some other way that you and Tom Holland connected, instead of through this strange situation. Your eyes flicker, until they shut and you fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

***

The shrill ring of your phone cuts through your sleep like an arrow.

"Ugh, what the..."

Your eyes are dry and you blink blearily, your room is bathed in sunlight and a light sheen of sweat coats your forehead. Your eyes flicker shut, only to be interrupted again by your phone. Your lips purse as you roll over and see that it's Y/BF/N ringing.

" Yeah," you croak into the phone.

" Y/N did I wake you?"

" Yeah."

" Oh I'm so sorry. Shall I let you go?" Your best friend sounds jittery and excited. How do they have this much energy at this time in the morning?

" Nah, it's cool. What's the time?" Your voice is thick with sleep.

" It's 11 am, why are you still in bed?"

Your eyes widen and you bolt upright. It's 11am? You don't have much time to get ready and meet Tom Holland.