Chapter 18

Taylor's POV

We get back to my house on foot in a couple of minutes. I'm so tired that I'm now in Ross' arms. I snuggle into his chest as we get to the front door. 

"Tay, you're going to need to let us in. Also I'm calling the police to help with your dad okay?" He says to me. I nod and I get out of his arms, grab my house key from my pocket and open the door. Ross and I step in. Riker was about to step in, but I shake my head.

"No. I'm not letting you in. You can wait out here to see if the police are coming." I say. Riker's face turns sad.

"Please, Taylor. I wouldn't hurt you at all. The demon is out of me." He touches my arm, but I slap him away then getting behind Ross. Ross looks at me then at Riker. He holds my hand and kisses my head.

"Riker, I'm sorry. She's just not cool with you being around her right now." He closes the door. We start to walk upstairs to the bathroom were my dad's body lays.  I look back and see Riker siting on the front lawn with his phone out. Ross opens the door and the stench of my dad's decomposing body hits my nose. I immediately cover my nose and mouth with my hand and I notice that Ross does the same. Tears weld in my eyes and I uncover my nose. I hide my face in Ross’ shoulder and I just start bawling my eyes out. Ross uncovers his nose and he hugs me tight.

“He’s gone.” I try to say. “Why does shit happen to me?” I ask him looking up into his sorrowed eyes.

“I don’t know why this happens to you. I'm sorry about all this. If you have never met me then this won't have happened." He says as a tear falls down his cheek. I quickly wipe it away. 

"It's not your fault, Ross. I need you okay?" I say to him. He nods and we both walk over to my dad's body. I kneel down and lay my right hand over his eyes that are open. I close them for him and I just fall back into Ross who is right behind me sitting on the ground. I cry into him as the police run into the bathroom. I wrap my arms around him as they pick up the body. They carry my dad out and two police men start to ask us what happened. Ross just talks for me during all the questions because I just keep crying into Ross. 

"I'm sorry for your loss." The officers say to me and they both leave us. Ross gets a text from Riker and it says how he left early.

"Riker's gone."

"Can I just get some sleep?" I ask. He nods. He carries me to my bedroom and lays me on my bed. He lays down next to me and pulls me close to him. 

"Go to sleep okay?" He whispers into my ear. I nod and start to close my eyes. I fall asleep next to him as I start to thing about how I have no family at all now. 

A/N: Hey guys! This book will ending in two more Chapters! The last one will probably be an epilogue, but I don't know yet. Comment below if you want an epilogue! There will be no sequel for the book because I'm so busy with work and school right now, but I might do one in the future. Also you guys have been so amazing to me and the book! Thanks for all of the support! I love you all! 

-Elise