Chapter 16

I duck as Ross' fist comes towards my cheek. I whimper as his fist comes closer to my head but suddenly he stops. He slowly unclenches his fist and put is hand in is pocket. I glance up with tears in my eyes. He could have hit me! I kinda deserved it for the way I have been acting. I can't believe it. I would have hit myself because I'm being a bitch right now. Ross sits down next to me and gently lays his hand on my bent knee. I flinch a little at his touch and turn away a little. He moves his hand off my knee and I look over at him.

"You hate me don't you Taylor." He says to me in the darkness. I hear him start to cry a little. I move closer to him. 

"What? No I don't hate you at all. I'm just a little scared that you would actually hit me." I carefully lay my hand on his cheek feeling tears running down my hand. Ross moves my hand away from his face. I look at him worried and confused at the same time even though he can't see me. 

"Don't." The word slips out of his mouth. Don't is the worst word to say in a relationship. Tears perk into my eyes and some trickle down my face. Ross sighs and starts to cry softly. I move away from him again and close my eyes dreaming I was away from this hell whole. 

"I'm sorry for everything." I say to him with my eyes closed. 

"Not right now Taylor. I need to think about us. Just don't talk...please." Ross whispers in the darkness. I sigh and start to fall asleep. 

I see my mom standing in the darkness of the room with a white light around her body. I slowly get up.

"Mom?" I ask.

"Yeah Taylor. It's me." I run to her and open my arms but I run through her thinking she would hug me back. 

"I'm sorry sweetie. You can't do that. I don't have much time down here." She says to me. I nod and smile at her with tears in my eyes.

"Why are you upset at Ross?" She asks me. I sigh and we are suddenly in my room. I sit on my bed and put my hands in my face. She is standing next to me.

"He blames me for Riker acting like this." I say looking up at her. She shakes her head.

"He needs time. I know he doesn't blame you for that. He's just stressed." She says. I look at her confused.

"What is he stressed about?" I ask.

"Life, his family and you." She says. She bends down to my level across from me. 

"Let destiny do the magic." She starts to disappear.

"Mom! No! Stay here please!" I yell.

"Let destiny do the..." She says as she disapates into the air.

I quickly sit up and burst into tears as Ross hovers over me.