Chapter 17

"Taylor? What's wrong? I'm sorry that I almost hit you." He sits next to me. I move closer to him and wrap my arms around his waist. He puts his arm around me as I cry against him.

"It wasn't you. I saw my mom in my dream. She said to let destiny do it's magic, but that doesn't make any sense at all. She knows about us and everything that is happening. I want her to be here with me, Ross. My dad is dead and I have no one now." I'm now sobbing into his shirt.

"You have me, Tay." He says to me. I look up and nod. A shadow shows up in the middle of the dark room and it starts to walk towards us. I hide my face in Ross' shirt as it turns on a flashlight that's in it's hand. Riker. 

"Time to die sweetie. I want my brother back. He doesn't need to get hurt by another girl." RIker says to me. 

"Riker please stop! I'll be fine! You don't need to do this to her!" Ross yells at his brother. Then RIker's eyes change from the black to hazel.

"Guys! Run! Please! Go! That wasn't me who was talking to you. The door is by a small light over there! The demon wants Taylor!" He yells at us. Ross and I get up. His eyes then go back to black and he grabs my leg. I fall down and I'm being pulled by the demon.

"Ross!" I scream.

"Taylor!" He grabs my hand as I'm being pulled towards the demon. Ross begins to pull me back towards him. The demon pulls me harder and soon enough my hand slips from his. Tears fall down my cheek as the demon lifts me up my throat. Ross grabs Riker's body and shoves him down on the ground. I fall from the air and down to the ground landing on my back. I slowly get up and I turn my head to see Ross on top of his brother punching him. The demon leaves Riker's body and manifests itself next to me. The demon's face has a glow to it but the eye area. I look at it and it has no eyes it's just a deep, black space. The demon grabs my arm and pulls me up as soon as Ross gets off his brother. I try to pull away from the demon but it tightens it's grip on me. 

"Let her go please! I'll do anything you want just give her to me." Ross says calmly slowly walking towards me. 

"She needs to come with me. She needs to die!" yells the demon. I shake my head and burst into tears. I start to struggle even more and soon enough the demon's arm is around my waist, and one is around my arms. 

"Let me go please! I did nothing wrong!" I yell. Ross' eyes are filled with tears. The demon makes itself two new hands, it rips off a piece of it's cloak and wraps it around my mouth. The cold cloth starts to tighten and tighten. I start to scream in pain as my jaw starts to break slowly. 

"Stop it!" Ross yells. He quickly runs towards me and demon breaks off its two arms, holding me and quickly moves itself up to the ceiling. I land on the ground still being held by the arms. Ross goes to me and pulls apart its arms around me. He then takes off the cloth gently trying not to hurt me. The arms and cloth go up and back into the demon's body. I hug him tight as tears keep running down my cheek. He hugs me back then helps me to stand up. 

"You made me set her free! Now you will pay for what you've done!" the demon screamed at Ross. The swoops down and starts to charge us. I bury my face in Ross' shoulder and he wraps his arm around me. I quickly look up to see the demon's hand out and is about to touch Ross' face, but I see Riker get up with a knife in his hand. He stabs the demon's back and it starts to yell in pain. 

"No!" It yells as it explodes into ashes infront of us. Ross sighs of relief and I turn around to face him. He gently lifts up my face with his and starts to wipe my tears away with his thumb. I smile a little at him. 

"Guys I'm so sorry." Riker says to us as he walks towards us. 

"It's fine. That wasn't you at all. The demon was controlling you." Ross says. I wrap my arms around Ross' waist and he puts his arm around me pulling me closer to him. 

"I just feel so bad man. You know I would never hurt you or Taylor right?" Riker asks as we walk out the now visable door. 

"I know, but I don't know if Taylor's trust for you has come back yet. The demon inside of you really messed with her mind and body." Ross says to his brother. Ross is right. I don't trust Riker right now. After all that hell I have been through these past couple of days with the demon inside of him I'm just not ready. As we walk, Riker tries to lay his hand on my shoulder to comfort me, but I hug Ross tight, close my eyes and just weep into his shirt as I think about my parents being dead and what that demon did to me that will stay with me the rest of my life.