The Agreement

*Drew's Point of View*

I refuse to go to this banquet. I don't care what Zayn says. I'm a person and he has no business telling me what to do. I have school in the morning and I'm not staying out late tonight. I told the servants that when they came to get me ready, so they let me be.

I sat at Zayn's desk, hunched over my algebra textbook. Math was my weak subject, so I needed to study a bit extra. The door opened and I felt Zayn's presence behind me.

"Drew, I told you we're going to the banquet." Zayn said through clenched teeth.

"I'm studying." I mumbled.

"But I was very clear about-"

"And I'm being very clear about this. I have to study. I'm not going. Just let me have my peace for tonight." I replied calmly.

He took a deep breath. "You don't have to go then."

"Thank you." I said nervously. He usually argues.

"But you have to spend tonight with me." Zayn added. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair before turning around in the swivel chair to face him. He laughed at me.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"You're so small and the chair is so big. It swallows you." He told me. I self consciously sat up straighter to appear taller, but I don't think it worked.

"I have to study. I can't spend tonight with you. You can find someone else to do that, I suppose. You had no problem doing that before." I should've left the last sentence out, but I didn't.

"I know. That's why I want to spend tonight with you. Quite frankly, I'd spend every night with you if I could. But I've treated you worse than horrible lately. I owe you an apology. So I'm going to try to make it up to you. Would you please just spare me tonight?" He requested.

"Zayn, you're absolutely mad if you think I'm having sex with you tonight or any night ever. I'm actually offended that you even asked that of me." I retorted coldly.

"Wait, what? No, you've got it all wrong. I just want to be with you tonight. No sex, just hanging out. That's all. I swear." Zayn babbled, wringing his hands uncomfortably.

"Oh, sorry." I mumbled. That's embarrassing.

"But will you agree to it? You deserve an apology from me, and actions will do much better than words. I'm no good with words anyhow." He admitted sheepishly.

"Do I have any other options besides the two?" I inquired. He shook his head. "Then I suppose I'll stay with you tonight, but under some conditions."

"That's fair enough."

"No arguing, no yelling, no crying." I told him firmly.

"I'm fine with that." He agreed. "Give me like 15 minutes to get some stuff done. I'm making tonight one to remember."

And with that, he was gone. I had no clue what Zayn had in mind for tonight. I figured we would just sit on his bed and talk. But that gets old after a while, so I'm not complaining. I still hate him though. I'm only doing this so I don't have to attend the banquet.

A couple minutes later, there was a knock at the door. On the other side stood Zayn. He was dressed nicely, even wearing a tie. I felt extremely underdressed in my t-shirt and running shorts. I noticed he had something behind his back, and he revealed it to be a dozen red roses.

"This was unexpected." I said in surprise.

"Do you like them? I don't know what kind of flowers you like." He asked cautiously.