The Bed

*Zayn*

In rage, I grabbed Drew's arm and began dragging her down the corridor towards my room.

"Zayn!" Harry and Niall yelled from behind me. Drew seemed like she had simply given up fighting. She didn't see the point in it anymore. It broke me to see the most stubborn girl in the world give up fighting.

"Touch me or her, and you'll regret it." I growled at them. True, Harry is stronger than me. But when I'm angry, I can't control myself. They're fully aware of that too.

"Mate, just stop and think before you-"

"Before I what? Screw up anymore? I don't think that's possible." I hissed before turning around and continuing on my way to my room.

"Sit on the fucking bed." I demanded once we were in my room and the door was locked. Drew didn't argue or question me. She obeyed me and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Once upon a time I loved a girl before you." I said. "Yeah, shocking. I know. Whatever. Her name was Anna Catherine. I called her Anne. I loved Anne with everything in me. I didn't have a problem loving anybody back then. Anne was a lot like you. She wasn't as stubborn as you and she wasn't a human, but she was outspoken and determined and confident. I let her be friends with the slaves. Do you wanna know what they did? They kidnapped her and murdered her. So shut the fuck up about me taking away your freedom and not letting you live. Sorry for trying to keep you alive."

Drew's mouth was slightly open in what looked like shock. My story wasn't known by many people. "Only my four friends and parents know what happened to Anna Catherine. Everybody else in the world thinks she left me. But a lot of people don't even know she ever existed. I bet you didn't."

"I had no clue." She mumbled. "Is that why you're so..." She trailed off, afraid to finish her sentence.

"Heartless? Evil? Cruel? Yes." I answered nonchalantly.

"You don't have to be like that, though." Drew said. "Can't you forgive them?"

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Forgive isn't in my vocabulary. I can't forgive them. They killed my first love."

"You've killed people." She said quietly. "I forgave you."

"It doesn't work like that and you know it, Drew. I can't forgive someone who murdered my first love." I growled, clenching my fists.

"Do you want to know something?" She caught me off guard by asking. I remained silent, not sure how to answer her. "I think you're fully capable of forgiving people. But you've created such a high level of obstinacy and stupidity that you've convinced yourself that you're too good to forgive people. But you aren't. You have the same capability that I have when it comes to forgiving and understanding people. You just have to try a little bit."

"You don't understand. Other than getting picked on at school and your mom leaving, you haven't had a hard life. You can't even begin to imagine what I've been through." I said, drowning in self pity.

"I haven't had a hard life? Did you really just say that?" She asked calmly. "From the moment I was born until my fifth birthday, my mother never showed any love or affection. On my fifth birthday, she left us. My dad became and alcoholic and didn't take care of me. On my sixth birthday, he started beating me. He beat me until my eighth birthday, when he met my step mom. During all of that, I was bullied at school for having bruises all over me and only one parent. He remarried my step mom and things were fine for a couple years. Then I got told that I was forced to marry a heartless demon because another one of his kind wanted to rape me and I said no! Days later, I was kidnapped, abused, raped, and starved by werewolves. I was rescued six days later and strangled by you! I've been bitten twice and you decided to start beating me this morning. So tell me again that I don't have a hard life!" Her voice raised with every word. She was angry and I could tell.