The Reflection

*Drew*

I stared at my reflection, begging myself not to break down in tears. I didn't look like myself. My blue eyes looked like they were coated in dust, because they lacked their usual sparkle. My hair was disheveled and had too many split ends. My skin was a sickening pale tone. My lips were blood red, because I had gotten into the habit of biting them a lot. My face was thinner than it was a few days ago, probably a result of me not eating. I had dark circles under my eyes from the absence of sleep. Drew wasn't in the mirror. A broken girl was.

The door to my room opened. I didn't need to turn around and see who it was. Every day at this time, a maid brought me my dinner.

"I'm not eating today." I said with a cracked voice.

"Lady Drew, it's been three days." She said softly.

"I'm not eating today." I repeated myself.

She sighed. "Prince Zayn has requested to see you after your dinner. You must eat, Lady Drew."

"Tell him I'm ill." I told her. I can't see him. I'm still not ready.

"If I get caught lying..." She trailed off.

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Tell him I'm catching up on sleep. I haven't felt well for a couple days and I need go rest. I'm honestly about to take a nap."

"As you wish." She gave in and left to pass on my message.

I turned the lights off and crawled into the bed. I didn't realize I had a window open until after I was comfortable under the duvet. It was freezing in that room, but I went to sleep anyway.

*Zayn*

"Catching up on sleep?" I asked myself.

Drew, your lies aren't the slightest bit believable.

I went to the room she was staying in and knocked on the door. No one answered. I entered quietly. In the bed was the small girl who's heart I had recently broken. I attempted to listen to her thoughts but she had none, proving that she was asleep after all.

She was shivering, probably freezing. Her window was open for some unknown reason. I got an extra blanket from the linen closet and placed it on top of her after closing the window.

I leaned against the wall, watching the innocent girl sleep. I reminisced on all the pain I've caused her in only a month. I'm absolutely despicable.

I've choked her, hit her, bit her, verbally abused her, broken her heart, and everything in between. But I will not allow myself to do one thing. I will never force myself on her. The contact states that I can force her to have sex with me, but I won't. I may be every synonym for the word evil, but I will never rape her. I'm not low enough.

"What the fuck?" A trembling voice asked. She was pressed against the headboard of the bed, staring at me in fear. Either she didn't recognize me, or didn't want me here.

"I didn't mean to startle you." I said awkwardly.

"Why are you here?" She asked coldly.

"I missed you, Drew. It's been three days. I can't go any longer." I admitted weakly. She didn't answer. I stood there in silence for a couple seconds before speaking again. "Please don't be quiet. Yell at me, curse me out, tell me how much you hate me. I don't care. Just say something."

"I want to go home." Drew told me.

Well, I wasn't expecting that.

"Home?" I asked. Did she mean back to her house? Or her aunt and uncle's house?

"Yes, home. In my house. With my parents. With my freedom. With my life. With my own future. Without you." She spat venomously.

"Oh." I couldn't say anything back to that. I could apologize, but I'm not sorry. I ruined her life, ended her freedom, and took away her future on purpose. I wanted her to be mine, so I did that. I'm not the slightest bit sorry, because I'm a selfish bastard.

"I'm sick of being here. I'm tired of vampires and human maids that are basically trained to say things. I want a real person to have a real conversation with. No, scratch that. I want a real life." She continued. "I want to go to school four days a week and come home to my parents every day. I want to have a boyfriend that I love and fight with. I want to have friends to do stupid things with. I want a real future, not one planned out by you. I want to have a real wedding and marry the real love of my life. I want to raise my children with somebody I genuinely love, not somebody that my dad signed me over to so I wouldn't die. I want a real life. And if I can't have a real life while I'm alive, then I'd rather be dead."

"Drew..." I trailed off. "Can we start over?" I asked pathetically.

"So you can put me through all of that again? No." She said with a laugh.

"I won't, though." I told her.

"I don't want you to have the false hope that things could actually be different for us, Zayn. It's simple. I won't ever love you." She said calmly.

"You aren't making this easy." I said through clenched teeth.

"You haven't made anything easy on me." She shrugged. "Only returning the favor."

"Well, I love you. You could return that favor." I snapped.

"You don't love me. You wish you did, but you don't." She smiled and shook her head.

I took a deep breath and forced myself not to get angry at her lies. "We're having a banquet later and you're going as my date." I said firmly.

"I'm so glad I had a say in this." Sarcastic Drew was back.

"You don't have a say in anything. I own you. Your life is mine." I growled.

"And you wonder why I won't give you a chance. This is exactly why. Well, that and the fact that you can't control your need to fuck other girls." She covered her mouth in surprise at her own words. "I- I'm so sorry. I didn't- That came out wrong."

"No, it was honest. Bluntly honest. I wish you'd listen to my pathetic excuse for that, though." I sighed.

"You were drunk, weren't you?" She guessed.

"Yeah." I said sheepishly.

"I'm okay with it." She replied, leaving me in utter shock. "As long as you're okay with me getting drunk and sleeping with a guy."

"Don't even think about it." The idea of that made my skin crawl and my blood boil. She's mine, whether she likes it or not. Nobody else will lay a finger on her. If they even attempt to, I will end their life. It's that simple. I've already done it once. What difference does another time make?

"See, this is a mutual thing. You wouldn't be okay with me doing it, so I'm not okay with you doing it." She responded.

"Drew, it's different." I told her.

"Oh, please do tell me how." She laughed.

"I'm a guy. You're a girl."

"And?" She questioned.

"Guys are supposed to do that." I said idiotically.

"I can't decide if that's a sexist or a double standard. Both are stupid. I'll just say this: You hurt me more than I'll ever have the ability to hurt you. I hope you know that." Her voice was cold and no longer sarcastic.

I sighed in frustration. "Okay, the maids will get you ready for the banquet. Don't make a scene tonight. You'll regret it."

**********************************

I'm sorry it's been forever since I've updated. I started dating a guyyy. He's okay but I don't think I could be any unhappier in this relationship. He basically told me I'm a rebound from other girls. Idk if I wanna break up with him or just keep dating him so I don't ruin our friendship, because we were best friends before we started dating. Can anybody help? And how did you like this chapter? :) xx