The Contracts

*Drew*

Why do I have to hold on? Other people get to kill themselves if they want to. What makes me nah different? My life isn't gonna get any better. I already know it. I'm engaged to a hateful, abusive, bloodsucking, poor excuse of a man and we have to be married until I die. Why can't I just commit suicide, so I don't have to endure that? Why do I deserve to be pushed around and beat up, verbally and physically. What have I done to deserve this? Sure, I'm not a saint. But I haven't done anything terrible in my lifetime. I've been a good person. You always hear people say that the good die young. Why can't that happen to me? Why can't someone take my life? Why can't I just commit suicide? Why am I so important that if I killed myself, the whole world would be in jeopardy? A month ago, the world didn't know I existed. Now I'm suddenly important, even though I've done nothing for this world.

"Your face looks like it's gonna bruise." Liam told me. I sighed. Of course it is. "The only thing I can do to help it heal quicker is give you some vampire blood."

"Absolutely not." I shook my head. My face still stung from when Zayn slapped me. I've been hit by girls at school before, but that pain was nothing compared to what Zayn inflicted upon me. "Why did it hurt so much? I've been slapped by other people before, but it never hurt anything like that."

"He's a vampire." Liam explained. "We have more everything than humans have. We're stronger, faster, and most of the time smarter. I guess not in Zayn's case." He rolled his eyes. I had to laugh a bit.

"What happened between you and him?" I asked. I had forgotten about their fight last night.

"Nothing important." Liam sighed, looking down at his watch. "Shit, I'm late. Would you mind staying with Niall until I get off of work? I have to go to the hospital until three." He asked. "I'm really sorry."

"Not at all. It's fine." I assured him. He had a panel on his wall too. He used it to call Niall and tell him to come to his patient room. A couple minutes later, Niall had arrived.

"Hey, Li- Drew? What happened to your face?" Niall asked in surprise.

My face turned red in embarrassment. I guess it's already bruised. "Uhm, Zayn and I kind've got into a disagreement."

"You're joking." Niall said in disbelief. I bit my lip and shook my head. "Why did he have to-"

"She'll explain later, Niall. Can you just keep her away from Zayn until I get off of work?" Liam interrupted him.

"Yeah, I got it, doc." He nodded. "Zayn was just looking for you. I told him to check the library. We should probably go while he's downstairs." I hopped off of Liam's counter and followed Niall into the hall.

"Thanks, Liam." I offered the vampire in a white lab coat a smile of appreciation.

"No problem." He returned the gesture, picking up a clipboard and other papers. Niall motioned for me to follow him down the hallway and hurry, so we wouldn't run into Zayn obviously.

He opened a door with Harry's name on it and looked around before going in. Harry was sitting on the bed, lazily watching television.

"Nothing better to do than come disturb me on my day off, huh?" He joked, sitting up. He hadn't noticed my face, since the lights were dimmed in his room. Niall and I sat on the other side of his bed.

"Mate, we've got to find a way to get Drew out of her contract with Zayn." Niall said to my surprise.

"What?" Harry asked in confusion. "I heard about what he said last night. Is that really enough to make you hate him? He's really sorry." He told me.