29: Fortunes Don't Lie

"Guys I got wristbands," Liam says, handing each of us one. I smile and wrap it around my wrist, securing it with the sticky part at the end.

"LET’S GO ON THAT ONE!" Meg squeals, pointing to a roller coaster that looked to be going faster than I thought possible. I took a deep breath. Here we go.

She was already running towards the line, dragging Ryan behind her. The boys all followed. All but one. Harry was standing next to me, staring up at the coaster with the same terrified expression that I wore.

"You two coming?" Zayn asks, stopping for us.

"I think I'll pass," I say, not taking my eyes off the roller coaster as it zoomed by again.

"Same here."

"Wimps," Louis mumbles, catching up to the others with Zayn right on his heels.

I turn to Harry. "I thought you were tough," I comment, smirking.

"I am."

"Afraid of roller coasters?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Shut up," he mumbles, turning away and looking shy all of a sudden. I giggle.

"Mmkay, Haz. What are we supposed to do now?" I ask, settling down on a park bench nearby. He sits next to me.

"Wanna play a game?" he asks, nodding at a tent off to the side. I bite my lip. "What's wrong? Scared of losing?"

"Psh, no. I just don't want you to start crying when you fail."

"Right. I won't fail." He winks and pulls out five dollar bill, waving me over to the game tent.

It seemed like a simple game. Take a baseball, throw it at the pyramid of cups, and knock them down. You got three baseballs to throw, and to earn a prize you would need to knock all the cups down. Easy right? Wrong.