23: Let The Show Begin

"You're kidding," Meg says, her voice sounding with no emotion. I chuckle softly. 

"I'm actually not." 

"So let me get this straight.....my cousin, the same boy that you despised a few weeks ago, is now your friend and ONLY your friend. Therefore, because he wants to be a good friend, he's going to pretend to go out with you, only to make your ex jealous." She stares at me, her jaw hanging open. I nod. 

"Sounds about right to me."

She shakes her head slowly. "You two are fucked up." I laugh. 

"Thanks, Meg." I laid back on her bed and faced the ceiling. Nothing has really changed between me and Harry since we planned all this out, which I'm happy about, but then again it's only been about twenty-four-hours. I really hope this doesn't mess up our friendship. 

A knock came from the closed door of Meg's bedroom. "What?" Meg calls back, rolling her eyes in a properly annoyed fashion. 

"Luke's here," Niall's voice calls back. Meg and I lock eyes. Shit. Meg jumps up and opens the door. Harry was leaning against the hallway wall, arms crossed as he smirked at me. 

"And let the show begin," he says, offering me his hand. I take a deep breath, grabbing a hold of it as we walk down the steps together. Meg and Niall were right behind us. The other boys were all downstairs in the living room hanging out when we reached them. I suddenly got nervous. What if Luke doesn't believe us and it doesn't work? What if he's not jealous at all and this plan has no effect on him? Then I would have jeopardized me and Harry's friendship all for nothing. 

Harry and I haven't really run into Luke since yesterday, when he felt up his brand new slut right in front of us. This is the first time we have to pretend. The curtain's opening, the show is about to begin, and Luke has front row seats. 

Here we go.

"Hey, um, what are you doing here?" Meg asks when she spots Luke standing by the door. Who let him in? I have to remember to slap them later. 

He was with that blonde bimbo whose name I still don't know. His hand rested near her bum, and her arms were wrapped around his torso. I wanted to puke. He was grinning evilly at me. Right directly at me. Ugh. I glare back at him.