20: Chocolate Lips

For the rest of the game I noticed Harry glancing at me. More like staring. I pretended not to notice, but every time I looked up he would turn away. I wonder what's going through his head. What was he thinking when we kissed?

I wonder if he was counting the five seconds, because I wasn't. Oh god....what if he knew the time was up but I kept kissing him anyways? That would make it seem like I wanted to kiss him, which of course I didn't. I just.....forgot to count. Oh wow he was probably about to pull away, but I kept kissing him.

Ugh! I'm so stupid. He probably thinks I like him now. I don't. He's Harry, and somewhere deep down he's probably the same person I first met. People don't change for the better, remember? They can put on a disguise, a mask, they can hide who they really are, but it's got to come around eventually. Sure, he's being nice now. Give it a few weeks and I'll most likely see some flashes of the old Harry. He's still there somewhere. I can't like him. 

Eventually we all got tired of playing so we pigged out on all the snacks. That was fun until Louis dumped a bunch of popcorn on Liam. Liam decided to shove him in the lake as revenge which, I have to admit, was pretty hilarious. Then Louis wouldn't stop complaining about how his clothes were wet. He went back to the house to change, but brought Zayn with him claiming that he could trip and die on the way there and no one would know if he went alone. I think he was scared to be in the woods by himself. Wimp. 

Meg was with Liam and Niall looking for more firewood. Harry was supposed to be helping, but instead he was in his tent on his phone. I decided to stay back and eat more snacks instead of going with them to find wood.

I sat down by the fire with my Twix bar and bowl of popcorn. I looked up and saw all the stars in the sky. There were a lot. Some were being blocked by the trees. 

"It's a beautiful night." 

I jumped and turned to see Harry there. He sat down next to me. "You scared me.....I didn't see you there." 

"Sorry," he says, smiling. He sighs and lays down on his back. He had his hands behind his head as he leaned it against the wooden log behind us. "I can see why you like it out here so much. In the woods." 

I smile. "Yeah. It's pretty special." We sit in silence for a moment. 

"About the game-"

"Earlier when we-"

We both started to speak at the same time before laughing together. 

"Sorry, you go first," I say. 

"No. You go first." 

"What were you going to say?" I ask. 

"Nothing. I insist that you go first." He grins and I roll my eyes. 

"You're so stubborn," I mumble. "I was going to say that I'm sorry about earlier. When we played Truth or Dare. That was....a little weird." I look back up at the sky.