Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

Maggie came back into the kitchen and said, "Adeline wants us to come to her house immediately. Get ready as quickly as possible so we can leave. Octavia, don't forget your Book of Shadows, Adeline wants to see it." The she turned and left the room to get ready.

"Did she look worried to you?" Olivia asked.

"Yes. I wonder if it’s because of the dream or if Adeline said something to worry her," Octavia said.

"I have no idea, but now I'm starting to get worried too."

"Well right now we need to get dressed. We can worry about it when we get to Adeline's house. Come on."

They left the kitchen and went to their room. They got dressed in silence, both of them lost in their own thoughts about what has happened and about what is about to happen.

Maggie was waiting for them by the door when they came into the living room. “Are you both ready? Octavia, do you have your Book?” she asked.

Both girls nodded their heads.

“Then let’s go,” Maggie said.

The ride to Adeline’s house was short, but today they all felt like it took forever. None of them said a word on the way there.

As they pulled into the drive way at Adeline’s house, Maggie said, “Don’t worry about anything. Adeline will know how to handle this.”

“Handle what? We have to do this new spell and go see Visita again. We can’t ignore the dream or the spell in my Book. Can we?” Octavia asked.

“I’m not sure. That’s why we are here, to explore all of our options,” Maggie said.

When they reached the door they didn’t even have to knock. Adeline was waiting for them with the door open.

“Come in. We have work to do,” Adeline said flatly.

Maggie and the girls followed Adeline into the house and into the basement. The rest of the coven was already there waiting on them.

Olivia leaned close to her sister and whispered, “How did they all get here so fast?”

Octavia just shrugged her shoulders because she was just wondering the same thing.

The coven was sitting in chairs arranged in a circle, just like the last time they were in the basement. There were four empty chairs next to each other in the circle. Adeline sat in one of the chairs and indicated with the wave of her hand that Maggie, Olivia and Octavia should sit in the remaining empty chairs.

Adeline cleared her throat and said, “There has been a new development with Octavia and Olivia. Octavia had a dream last night that has given rise to new information pertaining to the prophecy. We are all here to discuss what action should be taken. Octavia, please explain to the rest of the coven about your dream and what you have learned.”

Octavia froze. She didn’t realize that she would have to tell the entire coven, women that she had only met once, about her dream. She looked at Olivia first and then at her mother. They both smiled at her encouragingly. She took a deep breath and started tell them what had happened. She was nervous, so she talked fast. To her it seemed like she had been talking for an hour, really it only took about five minutes to explain the whole experience.

When she was finished, she looked around the circle at each member of the coven. Some looked confused, others looked shocked. But all of them were silent.

Adeline cleared her throat again, “Now that you all know what has happened, we need to discuss what action should be taken.”

“What do you mean ‘what action we need to take,’ Olivia and I need to go back to Visita to see what the ancestors have for us,” Octavia stated.