Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

          Olivia and Octavia looked at each other in total shock. They couldn’t believe what they had just heard. This woman had just told them that what they had been told all their lives was not the whole story. No one they knew had been told the rest of the prophecy. Not to mention, they had traveled through time to hear it!

          “So let me get this straight, what you are saying is that no one in the coven, not our mother, our grandmother, not even the High Priestess, knows that the prophecy has a second part?” asked Olivia.

          “That’s right,” replied Visita.

          “And on top of that, it’s up to a coven of teenagers to defeat this evil witch, Onyx?” asked Octavia.

          “Yes,” Visita answered her.

          Angry, Olivia asked, “How the hell are we supposed to do that when generations of witches, that have taken decades to master their powers, couldn’t do it?”

          Visita sighed, “I do not have the answer to that question. All I know is that the Coven of Twins, when they come together, will be the most powerful coven that we have ever known. It is with this power, that you will defeat Onyx.”

          Olivia stood up and began pacing the small span of the cottage. She couldn’t sit still any longer. Octavia sat there trying to make sense of everything this woman had just told them, she was completely stunned.

          “Do you know if our coven know that we are here?” Octavia didn’t want her mother to worry about them.

          “For them it is as if time has stopped. They see you as if you are still there. And actually your physical body is still there with them, but they do not know what is happening right this moment. For you two, this is kind of like a dream time travel. It is your spirit self that has actually traveled across time to meet with me here,” Visita explained.

          “So time isn’t moving forward while we are here?” Olivia asked.

          “No,” Visita replied.

          “Well what happens when we get back?” Octavia asked.

          “No one will know what you saw or that you have come to me for this explanation. They will probably ask what you felt after saying the spell. It is up to the two of you to decide what you will tell them.”

          “By the way, how do we get back?” Olivia, who had finally stopped pacing, asked.

          Visita got up and walked over to a small cupboard in the corner. She reached in and picked up a small black pouch. She came back to the table and dumped the contents onto the table. There were two small rings and a small piece of paper on the table.

          “These rings will help guide you on this journey. Once you each place them on your finger, you will read the spell that is written on the paper and you will be returned to your physical bodies in your time. I’m sure that the two of you would like to talk privately. Take as long as you need,” Visita turned and walked to the door.

          “Where are you going,” Olivia asked.

          “I will be just outside in my garden. Just let me know when you are ready to go back,” then she turned and walked out the door.

*    *    *    *    *