Chapter 7

CHPTER 7

Octavia and Olivia had settled into somewhat of a routine since they had moved in with their mother. It had been two weeks since they had done the prophecy spell and things had changed drastically.

As soon as they left Adeline’s house that night they went straight to Maggie’s house. All of their belongings were there when they arrived.

Maggie had a three bedroom house, so there was a room for each of them. The first night there, they stayed up most of the night talking and getting to know each other better. They ended up falling asleep in the same room. The next morning, they told Maggie that they had decided to just share the same room for a while. It was easier that way. They had so much to learn about each other and wanted to spend as much time together as possible.

They also had to get used to the fact that they could no longer run over to Jake or Jenna’s house anytime they wanted. It would take them about three hours in opposite directions for them to get to their friend’s houses. Octavia had called Jake and Olivia had called Jenna the morning after they did the spell. They wanted to let them know that they made it through the spell alive. They had also agreed to tell their friends everything that had happened during the spell.

That first week at Maggie’s house went really well. The three of them ate breakfast, lunch and dinner together every day. They went shopping, to the movies, watched television and went to the park to walk along the trail together. They had so much fun doing things as a family for the first time.

The second week started out with Adeline coming over, bright and early Monday morning. That’s when the family fun stopped, or at least slowed down. The training started up full force.

Octavia and Olivia got up every morning at dawn. They would train with Maggie and Adeline for at least twelve to fourteen hours a day. This had been their schedule for the last six days. They were exhausted.

“I thought this would be more fun,” Olivia said to her sister.

Octavia stretched. They had been given a day off from training and were just laying around in bed all morning.

She looked over at Octavia and replied, “Me too! I love learning about the craft, but this is a bit much, even for me.”

“Well at least we get a break today. What do you want to do today?” Olivia asked.

“Absolutely nothing,” replied Octavia.

They both laid around the room that morning, just talking and watching TV. They probably would have stayed there all day, but the doorbell rang around noon. They got up to see who was at the door. As they came around the corner into the living room, they were just in time to see Maggie open the door, and there on the steps stood their best friends.

Octavia and Olivia screamed at the same time and ran at their visitors. They each grabbed their friends in a huge giant hug that seemed to last forever.

          It was a good thing they did to, Jenna and Jake stood back and looked at the girls in shock, “You guys look exactly alike!” squealed Jenna.

“Yeah, I would have never been able to tell you apart!” exclaimed Jake.

The four of them started talking at the same time. Maggie headed toward the kitchen to make snacks, smiling and shaking her head as she left them to catch up with each other.

Octavia raised her hands and yelled, “Why don’t we sit down and catch up, instead of standing at the door and talking over each other!”

They all started laughing and walked further into the living room to sit down. Octavia and Jake sat on the couch, while Olivia and Jenna sat together in an oversized chair.

*    *    *    *    *

          The four of them spent all afternoon together. They talked, laughed, watched movies and then ate dinner together.

          Jake and Jenna left about an hour after they ate. They really didn’t want to go and the twins didn’t want them to leave, but they both had a long drive to get back home. They all hugged each other and promised to call as often as possible. They also made plans to get together again soon to go out to dinner and to the movies.

          After they left, Octavia and Olivia went to their room. They had to get up early in the morning for training. They got into bed and talked until they both fell asleep, like they had done every night since moving in with Maggie.