Soul Mate || Jacob Black [Twilight]

After Bella left for good, it has taken time for Jacob to mend his broken heart, only to find solace in friendship with the new girl in town, Natasha Ling. That is, until he imprints. 

------

"Fuck!" 

Crash!

"Fuck! Fuck! FUCK!" 

CRASH!

"Fuck it!" 

Embry Call runs up to Paul Lahote's figure leaning against one of the tree trunks belonging to the Black family's backyard, who is chuckling at the mess of a man before him trying to take down every single conifer in the vicinity. 

"What happened?" Embry's voice is laced with shock as Jacob delivers another kick into another tree trunk so that it crashes to the ground. 

THUD!

"Guess," Paul can't help but snicker at the glowering expression on the said wolf's face, who swivels around to glare at his pack brothers. 

"What are you looking at?" Jacob spits out, words as sharp as venom. Embry flinches, but Paul's grin widens even more, "Hey Jake, remember how you used to say that imprints are for the weak?" 

"Oh fuck off, Paul," Jacob snarls as he feels the familiar tingling heat surge up through him, a sign that he's about to phase. He knows he can't, not in his father's backyard. But the thought of imprinting and just the memory of his imprint causes his knuckles to shake, clenched against his sides as he forces himself to count to ten and take deep breaths. 

Embry lets out a gasp, "You imprinted? Jake?" 

The said wolf lets out another warning growl that rumbles through his chest. He doesn't bother answering. Instead, he turns towards the forest and springs through the air, ripping right through his clothes before landing on four paws and dashing right through the thick density of trees before anyone can stop him. 

Embry and Paul are left to gaze after him. The younger wolf bites down onto his lower lip, worry blooming through him at the thought of his raging pack mate. Jacob can be restless when upset, and right now, it's a thin line of whether he wants to talk it out or whether he wants to be left alone.

"Do you think he'll be okay?" Embry asks softly. 

"He'll be fine," Paul waves his worries away, turning around to lug him around the shoulder as they both start walking back towards Jacob's house, "let's tell the others. This is gonna be fun." 

-----

"He imprinted?!" 

"On who?!"

Paul can't help but burst out laughing at the priceless expressions on Leah and Seth's faces. Jaws dropping and eyes going as wide as saucers, Paul can't help but relish in the drama that will ensue.

"Where is he now?" Leah snaps back to reality before narrowing her eyes, "Don't tell me he ran off." 

Paul rolls his eyes, "as if you don't know him by now." 

"He might be in danger. What if he decides to run away for good?" Seth asks with growing worry. It's no secret that he has great admiration for Jake after everything they've been through. After all, the said alpha had always been here to help him through the phasing and through the rough times. Jacob had also been kind enough to let him tag along when he'd gone rogue from the Reserve, even though Seth knew that it had only happened because of his own persistence.