The Set-Up || Namjoon/RM (BTS): PART TWO

"Where are you going?"

Namjoon's eyes flitted up to meet his son's through the mirror's reflection. Then, he glanced at his dark jeans and his slim-fitted shirt, topped with a light denim jacket.

"I told you," he said slowly, "I have an event to attend to. Big guy stuff."

"Is that why you're looking so dressed up?" Daejung definitely did not look convinced and sometimes, Namjoon just wish he wasn't so bright.

"Yes," he replied, although it didn't sound convincing at all.

He watched his son eyeing him for a moment, face filled with suspicion, before a knock resounded from outside.

"Uncle Seok!" The young boy practically tumbled over his chair as he quickly scrambled for the door, revealing a slim man decked in black gym attire and a gorgeous smile that brightened upon seeing Daejung's face.

"My, you become taller every time I see you, Dae," his voice was a light timbre that rumbled against the child's head when he hugged him tight.

Hoseok had always been a part of Namjoon's life for as long as Daejung could remember, and boy was he glad for it, for his father was sometimes not the wisest or cleverest of humans. But Hoseok had always been there, helping out and babysitting Daejung whenever he could, spending the weekend with the young boy when his father had to pick up extra shifts to make ends meet. It was needless to say that Daejung admired him greatly.

"Thanks for coming," Namjoon turned to the new arrival, who didn't hesitate to make himself comfortable on their tiny couch.

"Don't you look dashing," Hoseok sent him an approved look, which exploded into laughter when the latter's face turned red, "bet your date is going to love it."

"Date?" Daejung piped up, "you're going on a date? Why didn't you tell me?!" 

Namjoon threw his friend a glare, which he happily returned with a grin of his own, "thanks, Hoseok. What do you not understand by subtle?" 

"Oh come on, Namjoon. The kid has the right to know who you decide to go see in your spare time," Hoseok ruffled Daejung's hair when the child leaned against his side, "plus, I think he'd like her," he winked. 

That was enough to spark his son's curiosity even more, who jumped up with a gasp, "is it Miss Xiao?! Are you going on a date with Miss Xiao?!"

Namjoon's face blossomed with pink, "Hoseok!' 

"What? He would've found out sooner or later." 

"That's not the point! You--" Namjoon stopped in mid-sentence the moment his eyes landed on the clock hanging upon the wall, before he started scrambling for his wallet, "shit, I'm going to be late. I gotta go." 

"Are you and Miss Xiao going to eat dinner?" Daejung followed him around as he tucked his wallet into his pants, quickly straightened his shirt and slipped on his jean jacket, grabbed onto his motorcycle boots, "are you and Miss Xiao going to kiss?! Can I tell my friends?!" 

"Daejung, nobody is kissing," Namjoon wanted nothing more than to shoot down his friend with a waterfall of fruitful vocabulary that would do nothing good to his child's ears, but he restrained himself by settling for a scowl instead. 

Quickly lacing up his boots, he bent down so that Daejung could give him a goodbye kiss. He ruffled his hair when he stood back up, "be good with Uncle Seok, okay Dae?" 

"I am always good." 

"Sure, sure."

"Have fun!" Hoseok bellowed as Namjoon slipped out the front door, his voice following him into the corridor, "but not too much fun!"