Part 9

*Saihara pov*

My relationship with Kokichi became weird after that. I mean, he never got his memories back. And he was still pretty attached to me. But I didn't mind to much. But he would still spend all his time in his room.

I tried to explain to everyone else about what was wrong with Kokichi. But nobody really listened. People like Miu just said that he was lying to get my attention. But Maki and Himiko got really defensive, like they didn't believe me.

They never saw it for themselves. The only ones who actually saw Kokichi like this were Kaede and Kiibo. They were the only ones he meet. I wasn't even sure if he knew about everyone else.

Even though Kokichi would let me visit him every once in a while, I was still pretty concerned about him. He never left his room. I could tell that he was getting visibly weaker. But he tried to deny it. As much as I knew Kokichi wouldn't like it, I knew I would have to force him out of his room.

*Third person*

Shuichi knew this day would come. But he wanted to avoid it. His relationship with Kokichi had gotten better. He could trust him abit more. But Saihara didn't want to make Kokichi hate him. But there was no choice.

Saihara went and knocked on Kokichi's door. Luckily Kokichi let him in. He wasn't doing anything in particular, it was almost like he was waiting for Shuichi. Saihara went and sat next to Kokichi on his bed.

"So Kokichi, how have you been lately?"

Kokichi gave a nervous shrug.

"I-i mean, I guess I'm okay."

"Well... are you sure you're okay. I mean, you haven't left your room in a really long time. Don't you need food or something like that? I mean, you're getting really pale."

"N-no, I swear I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

"You make it hard to not worry about you, that's the problem. I promised you that I would make things up to you. So I'm not going to have you die of starvation alone in your room."

Kokichi looked away from Saihara.

"I'm sorry Kokichi, but you're going to have to leave your room."

"B-but-"

Then suddenly Kokichi grabs onto Shuichi's arm.

"I don't want to leave. W-what would happen to me!"

"Kokichi, I wouldn't let anyone hurt you. I promise."

Kokichi never let go of his grip.

"I'll only leave if you promise to stay with me."

"Of course I'll stay with you. I wouldn't leave you by yourself."

Kokichi gives a small smile. Shuichi gets up with Kokichi still holding onto his arm. As he got up and walked to the door Kokichi let go of his arm and held his hand tightly. Shuichi couldn't help but blush a little bit. He thought people would think that they're dating now.

Soon they made it to the cafe. To Kokichi's dismay everyone was there.

They all stared at him.