Chapter Twenty Five

Beth didn't hesitate to move to the car quickly. She jumped into the back of the car where Noah was laying with his head on Liam's shoulder and his leg laid out on the seat. Jack watched as Beth jumped in, after taking Andrew's knife and ripped a hole in Noah's jeans to get to the wound quicker. Her face dropped a little as she got a closer look at it. Jack knew that wasn't a good sign. It made him panic.

"You have first aid stuff at the house right because I'm assuming we can't go to the hospital right now?" Beth asked Jack as he climbed into the passenger seat

"Yes, a lot of it," Jack said

"Get us there, now" Beth stated, putting panic on everyone's faces.

Beth started putting pressure on Noah's leg and he groaned in pain. She muttered sorry under her breath as Andrew drove the car away. She continued to apply pressure as well as pinching the wound together which made Noah complain even more. It looked painful.

"Why are you doing that?" Jack asked

"It will stop the blood flowing out for a while, can we go any faster?" Beth asked Andrew

"I'm already twenty over the limit," Andrew said not taking his eyes off the road

"He's going to be okay right?" Jack asked

"I'll do the best I can Jack," Beth said

As she continued to apply pressure, Jack watched as his eyes shut. Liam shook him a bit but he was passed out.

"What's happened? Is he dying?" Jack panicked

"He has just passed out because of the pain" Beth assured him "The pressure is stopping the bleeding for a bit but it's also making it more painful, there's not a lot I can do until we get to the house and get the right supplies"

When they finally parked up, everyone stopped and turned to look at Beth. It was evident she was in charge right now, she was the only one who knows what she is doing.

"We need to lift him out carefully, I need to continue to apply the pressure or he'll start bleeding badly again okay? We need to be extra careful" Beth said

They all nodded at her and made their way to the door of the car in which Noah was closest to. They moved him out slowly and Beth moved slowly after him, keeping the pressure on his leg. Once they all had a hold of him, they moved him as fast as possible into the house and into one of the downstairs bedrooms. They laid him flat on the bed.

Jack fetched Beth the first aid things they had which were a lot considering the kind of life they lead.

"I can't do this with all of you around me" Beth stated "You're all too panicky"

"Right, yeah we'll go" Jack nodded

"I need one person to stay and help me out" Beth said

"I'll stay, i know some first aid" Andrew said

"We'll leave you both to it" Liam said as he and Jack walked out of the room.

The wait was horrible. Jack was more worried than anyone, Noah was his big brother and by the look on Beth's face, it must have been pretty bad. There was a lot of blood, too much for Jack to stay calm right now.

"He better not die on me" Jack said pacing back and forth along the doorway to the room he was in

"He'll be fine" Liam reassured "He is in good hands"

"You can't promise that he will be fine" Jack said

"Just try and stay calm, I'm trying to help" Liam said

It was at least another half hour before the door opened and Andrew and Beth walked out and shut the door. They both had blood on their hands. Beth let out a sigh and wiped the blood from her hands on her already blood stained clothes.

"So?" Jack asked

"He's fine, he still hasn't woken up from passing out from the pain but he will and he'll have to take it easy for a while, there's pain killer in there for when he wakes up" Beth said

"Thank you so much" Jack said pulling her into a hug, not caring about the blood

"She was great in there" Andrew nodded

"Thank you, I really appreciated your help," Beth said to him as he nodded and smiled at her.

The boys thanked her again and she left to go get herself cleaned up, as did Andrew.

Later that night, Jack climbed into bed with Beth. She heard him come into the room so she turned around and laid her head on his chest just like she did every night. He wrapped one of his arms around her and she snuggled into him, still flinching a bit with all her bruises.

"The boys and I really appreciate what you did for Noah earlier" Jack said

"I wasn't going to let him die, Jack," Beth said

"I know, we trust you" Jack said

"I never thought any of this would happen," Beth said

"Things have just turned out weirdly" Jack said

She nodded against his chest in agreement. Hopefully this would be the last of any drama for them for a while. At least until Noah was better.

Jack had checked on Noah when he woke up. He was in some amount of pain but the pain killers were helping a little. He was grateful for all Beth had done for him and they were glad she had decided to stay and trust the boys. If she hadn't, Noah would be dead and Jack wouldn't be able to live with that. Beth was becoming a nice asset for this gang. One that Jack liked very much, maybe much more than he thought he ever could.