Chapter 25

Liselle mentally kicked herself for being so caught up in the boy’s activities that she didn’t protect their rear.  She stood and a stream of blue fire from her arm hit the sstejj.  The monster jerked back, releasing the feju before quickly dying.

Marrraa stared at her mangled arm and fell to her knees, still screaming in pain.  Liselle grabbed hold of the injured arm and placed a hand on Marrraa’s cheek.  “Shh.”  Marrraa looked into Liselle’s deep, misty-grey eyes and quieted down.  “Hush now, you’re going to be just fine.”  Liselle made Marrraa relax with her will.

Looking inside the wound, Liselle could see that the bones were broken in numerous places.  With another, “Shh,” she magically stopped the bleeding.  Then she closed her eyes, asking the plants around her for strength.  Energy came rushing in and Liselle turned it into healing power.

It flowed from Liselle’s hands into the mangled arm to knit everything back together.  Using the magical vision she had while healing, Liselle was able to watch the bone as it mended.  The muscles reattached and the veins, fat cells and flesh reformed.  Even the camouflaged leather armor wrapped back around the arm and mended itself just as good as new.

Liselle rubbed the arm with healing energy, flowing strength and health back into it.  It was an additional step that would save weeks of recovery.  After Liselle was done, she shook off the extra energy.  Rather than being exhausted from the spells, she was invigorated from all of the power the plants had sent her.

“You have healed my arm completely.  That is not a thing any Rojuun can do,” Marrraa admitted in amazement.

“It wasn’t that big a deal,” Liselle said casually.  She didn’t want to talk about it.  The plants had given her way more energy than needed and it itched within her veins.

“It is a big deal, Cousin” Tathan said next to her.  “Very few people can heal and none so completely as to mend the very garment a person wears.  That is an extraordinary talent, Liselle.”

“It’s not that hard,” she said.  “You just do it.”  She shrugged, not knowing how else to explain.  The power was bothering her.  Liselle hopped up and down while shaking her arms, trying to get rid of it.

“Ahh yes.  I’ll have to remember that next time I’m injured,” Tathan said with a roll of his eyes.  “Just do it.”

“More sstejj come,” Vevin interjected.  “Many more.”  He looked in the direction the first pack had come from.

The power in Liselle’s veins was itching even worse than before.  She felt an urge to let it loose on something.  The plants didn’t like the sstejj.  They had been telling her that ever since she had arrived in the tunnels.  The sstejj were unnatural and not meant to be in the world.

The plants also told her that something else controlled them, created them, and drove them to a hateful lust for the taste of Rojuun.  The plants didn’t care one way or another about the Rojuun, but the fact that the sstejj trampled the plants in made them mad.  Sstejj were not supposed to be in the world.

She felt the plants in her mind saying they would give her all the energy she needed to destroy the sstejj.  Liselle took a deep breath and turned toward the approaching sstejj.  The men were beginning to move into position, so they didn’t notice that Liselle’s eyes had become pure blue fire.  Marrraa noticed, shrinking back in fear.

The plants told Liselle that a flood of sstejj was coming out of the tunnels to break down the gates and overrun Garrrn Cavern.  They didn’t use words or even pictures to communicate this.  Liselle simply understood them.