21

21

*same day*
_________

Luke answered the phone. He wished he didn't. The news were horrible. And all of this happened because he got mad at Ashton. Luke knew that he had to leave right now.

"I have to leave. Can you guys take care of Allison please." Luke said. Then he realized that he didn't have a car. "Mum can I use your car?"

"Yes." Liz said giving Luke the car keys.

Luke ran to his mums car. He started it and thought that he was stupid for being mad at Ashton for something so little. He should really stop getting mad at little things like that. Cause something small can cause something huge.

The drive to the hospital was very long. Due to the terrible traffic. But once Luke arrived he ran inside the building. He ran towards the front desk.

"Hi. I'm here to see Ashton Irwin." Luke stated out of breathe.

The front man looked up for Ashton's information. He looked up at Luke.

"He's on the 4th floor, but you aren't able to see him right now. He's in a surgery. You can wait in the lobby on the 4th floor." he explained.

Luke was about to sob. "Why is he in surgery?"

"Seems like he got in a car accident and he needs stitches. Plus he is getting his appendix removed." He said.

"What?" Luke let the tears free.

"I'm very sorry sir." He said.

Luke thanked him before rushing to his fiancé. Why does everything he love get hurt? First, Jacob. And now he faces Ashton getting surgery. Even thought it's really not common to die during a surgery there's still a possible outcome.

"Why do all the bad things happen to me?" Luke asked his self.

~

After waiting for what seemed 100 years. They finally let Luke see Ashton.

"Just to warn you, Ashton is still waking up from the medication that we gave him. So don't make no sudden moves." The nurse said before locking the door behind her.

Luke walked over the chair next to Ashton. He started crying. He feels bad because he keeps on thinking that he caused this. And he doesn't want to think that but he keeps on trying to persuade his self that he did.

"L-Luke?" Ashton asked as he started waking up.

Luke stopped crying just for Ashton's sake. He didn't want to worry Ashton right away.

"Yes." He said wiping his tears away.

"Where is Allison and Jacob?" He asked.

Did he not remember? Did he wake with amnesia? That couldn't be, he would of forgotten that he even had children. Luke nearly poured more tears, thinking about his little boy.

"Uh.. Well Allison is with my mum and Jessica." Luke said.

"What about Jacob?" He asked.

"You don't remember do you?" Luke asked Ashton.

"Remember what?" Ashton asked.

Luke remembered what the nurse told him. Don't make him do sudden moves. Luke tried not to cry again.

"Well... how are you feeling?" Luke asked trying to change the topic.

"My head hurts. And I feel like someone stabbed me in the stomach. Other than that I'm fine." Ashton said.

"You wouldn't believe what Allison did." Luke laughed happy at the fact Ashton moved away from the Jacob topic.

"What did she do?" He smiled.

"She called Jessy mum." Luke explained.

Ashton let out a small giggle. Luke was happy to have Ashton forget about Jacob. But he though too soon.

"So where is Jacob?" Ashton asked.

Luke froze.

What should he tell Ashton. To be honest Luke wants to tell him straight up. To get it over with.

"Ashton it's been almost month since he died. Don't you remember?" Luke said.

"What?" Ashton said.

"Yeah he passed almost a month ago. We started singing to him that day. That's also the day Allison said her first word." Luke explained while tears streamed down his face.

"Oh yeah... I wonder what's he doing right now.." Ashton said.

"Probably thinking how bad of parents we are. Or how we mange to get injuries every 5 seconds." Luke laughed.

"True. I asked my doctor if I could have my appendix as a souvenir. They said I couldn't." Ashton pouted.

"Why would you want that?" Luke asked.

"I don't know I guess to see what they took out of me?" Ashton explained.

"Your weird." Luke said.

"Better than being normal." Ashton said.

Luke laughed at Ashton's comment.

"When can I leave?" Ashton asked.

"I'm not sure." Luke said.

"I wanna leave!" Ashton wined.

(A/n): Chapter 21! Like it?

You guys haven't asked questions for the Q & A :'(. You can still do that I haven't closed it. I thought I was gonna get a lot of questions I guess I was wrong.

Anyways...3 years ago on this very day. 4 Aussies posted a cover of teenage dirtbag. 3 years later they announced their first live album. *cue the tears*. It's been a long journey. I love 5SOS. that it hurts XD. They never saw it coming :'''( I feel like a proud mother XD.

See ya later

ByeXxx