Haunted House: Pranks and Exits

Chapter fourteen: Haunted House: Pranks and Exits

Louis's P.O.V.

They had me sit in a dark room. Beads of sweat started to form above my eyebrows. Sitting alone isn't very fun. After getting snatched away from Harry's group, then away Niall made me pissed. I sat there for at least 20 minutes. I heard small cries of fright off in the distance. Because it was so silent, the screams seemed especially loud. It seemed like they echoed forever. A latch on a door started unhinging. It creaked and moaned as it moved ajar. Light streamed in, and I hid my eyes. A short silhouette got pushed in the room.

"Louis?" A quiet voice asked. I stood up from my crouch.

"Yes?" I questioned myself. I tired opening my eyes all the way, but the light made blue and green dots appear over my eyes. I got slammed into, hard. Arms wrapped around my back. What? Who was this? Their head was on my chest and it bobbed up and down as the person stuttered and choked on their sobs. I was not sure if I should be soothing someone, so instead I wrapped my arms around the person.

"I'm so glad I found someone!" It was a girls voice. I couldn't recognize it because of her cries. After listening long and hard I figured it out.

"Riley?" I said surprised. The head rubbed against me as she nodded. I pushed her from me lightly. "What happened?"

My eyes started to adjust and I saw her wipe her tears. Her eyes were red a puffy. "I got d-d-dragged away from e-everyone and I saw Niall and he couldn't help me. I was b-brought a-all the way here!" She tried extinguishing her sobs, and failed. I covered her in a hug while she finished crying. I stroked her hair. That usually calms Brooke down when she is upset.

"Shh... It's okay we are both here now it's okay..." I repeated to her. I felt genially bad for her. I had wanted to scare her, but not as bad as her having a breakdown. Another door opened and we both flinched.

"Come with me." A guy in a STAFF shirt said while walking away. Riley and I exchanged questioning glances but followed him anyway. He led us into a room with a whole bunch of computers, gizmos, and gadgets. Multiple people were stationed at each computer.

"Is this another scene?" Riley whispered to me. I looked around some more.

"I don't think so..." I responded. She hooked herself onto my right arm.

"Then why are we here?" She questioned. We weaved through the staff members and found ourselves at the edge of the room. The original member who took us in the room was waiting impatiently.

"Alright you two, here's the deal. One of our specialties is playing the ultimate prank on someone in your group. We have cameras stationed in each room, so we have monitored your friends." He paused to see our reactions. Riley furrowed her eyebrows together. I still wasn't sure where he was going with this. The staff member sighed. "So, after closely inspecting your friends, my team and I have come to a conclusion. What they are afraid of most, beyond anything this haunted house could conjure, is loosing a friend." He waved someone over, and his coat made a crinkling sound. The other member was a tad bit over weight. He managed to bring over a box of supplies. What could they be? I was still missing the point. The over weight one clicked the lid off.

"Here ya' go. Are these the two?" He asked. The other one nodded. I glimpsed at Riley. Her eyes squinted together, then became big. Her mouth dropped open and she gasped.

"Oh no, we can't do this to them!" She cried.

Riley's P.O.V.

I was not really willing to do this. A good prank is fun, but this one seemed a little too far, considering what has happened tonight. The man had Louis and I split up. I could see him from across the room getting measured. His gaze was on the yellow measuring tape. A lady with a green hat and light blonde hair rummaged through a pile of supplies. I swayed back and forth with my hands behind my back. Butterflies filled my stomach. She started tossing bits of skin colored tubes, and wigs behind her.