Children on the Knob

Chapter twenty-six: Children on the Knob

 A/N: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU CONTINUE READING MY STORY. Okay, now that I have your attention, I was listening to this tantalizing, beautiful, dark song. It's over at the right, please start playing the song when you see '*GO*', it really adds effect to the story. I kind of saw this as a creepy, slow moving, movie scene in my head while this song was playing. I really hope you enjoy! PLEASE DON'T SKIP PLAYING THE SONG :) You'll regret it if you don't :D Oh, and if it finishes before you are done reading, just keep replaying it. Eee! Excited! Vwal-la!

Harry's P.O.V.

Very painfully, Alexis wrapped Riley's jacket around my arm. I still wasn't sure what was going on with her. She definitely seemed different, maybe she is just traumatized. I just hoped I wouldn't break away from her, like I was slowly breaking away from Louis. I know, it's hard to believe, but I was glad when he offered to go pick up Cami's body in the basement. Yet, I was also worried. If Louis was the...killer... then that mean's Brooke and Zayn could be in danger. I tried not to over think this, I'm guessing it was just my unaware mind talking. When Alexis was done wrapping my arm up, she stepped back. My arm was bandaged straight, and not in like a chicken wing.

"Thanks..." I whispered, not making eye contact with her. She made a grunt sound and crossed her arms. I wanted to leave. Now. "Do you think Liam and Riley are outside?" I asked, trying to make small talk so I could get my mind off of my torturing thoughts. There was mumbling in the room, when Emma spoke up.

"Um, guys, did you hear that?" She said and Niall turned her around. He opened his mouth to speak when Emma silenced him. "Listen." She commanded in a whisper. I tried to focus in on a sound, but all I could hear were my unsteady breaths. Then I heard it. A thump, and a scream.

"We have to go!" I popped up, not worrying about the pain in my arm. Before anyone could stop me, I rushed down the stairs. Emma and Niall flew behind me, and Alexis buried her face in her hands. Why wouldn't she come?

Emma's P.O.V.

My heart thudded in my chest. No one else can die tonight. No one. I was angry and confused and in a jumbled mess. Harry led the way, through the purple room, out into the main room, and into the kitchen. He stopped there and looked around, I wasn't sure why at first, but then I saw the image of Zayn being dragged away form in my mind.

"Where do you think the scream came from? We need to find it fast!" I said panicky. I don't know what I would do with myself if we were too late to save one of our friends...again. I'm not the one to cry, but I could feel the hot tears bubble up inside of me. Then I heard Harry whisper.

"Oh my God..." His head snapped to the left and then he sprinted down the hall. Niall held onto my shoulders and spun me around. He looked scared and distressed.

"We have to go..." I whispered and ripped away from him, over to Harry. I wasn't sure if Niall followed me, but what I did know was that we were running back into the hallway where the window was broken. Only, the window wasn't broken... I didn't even try to comprehend it, for against the wall was a shaky Riley. "Holey sh*t." I said to myself. Harry beat me over to Riley and he knelt on his knees and cupped her face in his hands.

"Riley, what happened?" He shook her head a bit, which I knew wasn't going to help. Riley wasn't answering and Harry was about to shake her again when I came over and moved his hands away from her face.

"Harry, shaking her won't help." I tried saying that as calmly as I could. He looked away, ashamed then stood up and walked in a circle with his hands tangled in his hair. Niall came up behind me and placed his hand on my shoulder. His hand was cold, and I flinched.