Day Dreams and Nightmares.

Chapter four: Day Dreams and Nightmares

Harry's P.O.V.

I walked Alexis to the door and gave her a sweet, soft kiss. She hugged me then walked inside. God, what would I do without her. I turned back to my car and started the engine. I caught a glimpse of the stars before closing the door. I started driving home when I realized Riley would be passed out on the couch. To be honest, I never really knew how to act around her. She was kind of hidden, and I knew her toughness was just an act. Would it be weird to say I wanted to get to know her more? What would everybody think? Would they think I liked her romantically? Probably not. I pulled into my driveway and I unlocked the door. I was secretly hoping she was up, but of course she was still on the couch. I hung up my coat and walked over to the couch. I did something I wasn't intending to do. I picked Riley up then layed on the couch, placing her in my arms infront of me. Then I rolled her ontop of me so her weight was evenly balanced. I rested my head on the armrest and stroked her hair. Then her eyes fluttered open causing me to jump.

"Harry...?" She said so very quiet. I placed my hand on her forehead and made a circular motion with my finger.

"Yes love?" I started to say but her eyes were already shut. Oh man. What did I get myself in to? She rolled to my right and layed her cheek on my chest. Why does my heart keep skipping a beat?

Riley's P.O.V.

I woke up, and the first thing I saw was a blurry image of Harry's face. "Harry...?" I whispered, very much out of my conscious mind. He stroked my head and I rolled onto his side. I fell asleep to his unsteady heartbeat.

********

When I awoke for the second time, I placed my hands on his chest to hoist myself up. I looked up at his sleeping face. He looked so sweet and innocent. His brown curls stayed perfect in his state of sleep. I closed my eyes then went back to sleep.

********

The third time I woke up Harry was stroking my cheek. I turned up at him half awake. He chuckled which caused me to move up at down. "Riley are you awake for sure this time?" He said grinning. It took awhile for me to register what he said.

"That depends on what time it is..." I said groggily. He glances at the clock and took a breath in through clenched teeth.

"What if I told you it was 3:00 a.m." He smirked. I groaned.

"I am going back to bed..." I muttered. Harry sat up causing me to fall to his stomach.

"No, please don't go back to bed. I can't get to sleep and I can not stand this silence." He pleaded twirling my hair. I shot straight up and the blood rushed to my head. I began to feel dizzy.

"Harry, I'm confused." I said rubbing my head. "How did I get from the table, to the couch, and where's-" I stopped. The full blown realization hit me full force. I jumped up from the couch looking down at Harry. "Did we...?" I said scared. He looked confused.

"Now I am confused love." He said resting his arm on the back of the couch. I starred at him.

"You know, uh, anything we shouldn't've..." I elabarated. When it sank in he laughed.

"No, of course not, just come sit back down." He said patting the seat next to me. I just stood up. The pain came from everwhere and I groaned with ache. Harry stood up and walked over to me."What's wrong?" He said slipping his arm around my waist for support. I looked at the ground.

"I think I should clean out these cuts Harry, they burn like heck."

We hobbled over to the bathroom and he lifted me onto the sink. The tile was cool and it felt good on my irritated skin. He grabbed some rags from his bathroom cabinets and ran them under hot water. I rolled up my jeans so he could get to my cuts. That was when I realized my shoulder did not hurt. I looked to my left and saw my shoulder was back in place.