Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door

It had been three weeks since the encounter with Rebecca in the school washroom. She gave credit for the way Rebecca played. The intensity of her pranks increased each week. Initially she stuck to written threats thrown inside Ally's locker. The threats got real when Ally was locked up in one of the washrooms cubicle for a whole period which eventually led her to detention for missing an important class. One time Rebecca bumped into her intentionally during lunch break to ruin her clothes but Ally just escaped it from a few centimeters distance. Her friends had seen the whole scene but she claimed it to be purely accidental. Although she got a sususpicious eye from Cameron she shrugged it off.

It was the fourth week of November and a lot of things had changed with the changing weather. Jake was still unaware of the rift between his ex girlfriend and his new friend. Ally and jake had become good friends. They were lab partners too and it had become his habit to smile at her whenever they saw each other. This gesture had made her smile so much she had almost forgotten about Rebecca's fiasco.

The start of the week was pretty normal, she wasn't bothered by Rebecca at all until Friday. Her apprehension was that she must've given up due to Ally's ignorance. She was thinking about the same thing while playing video games with Callum in his basement. They had a huge LED TV and the whole basement was converted into game room with multiple consoles and a mini fridge which she was so excited to see that she opened it twenty five times. They were playing tennis after the one hour tutoring; it had become common to stay for awhile in his house after school.

Suddenly Cameron barged in and the sound made her miss the ball.  Her gaze landed on him for a moment. He was wearing nothing but sweatpants with a half wet blue t-shirt on his hand which he wasn't using at all. His defined stomach was on full show and it was official that he was attractive physically. At least.

His face and hair were dripping with sweat making him look sexy. Practice definitely made him look perfect. He was working really hard since the past week because their team had to face two continuous defeats. He told her he had been worried about it because the next few games were crucial if they had to stay in the district level tournament. She had advised him that it was indeed commendable they had reached this far and their school hadn't been able to get past after just three games last year. But his intention was only victory and it mattered even more because it was their last year in school.

''Yes! I won." Callum yelled raising his remote controller high up in the air. ''Finally!'  he added and dramatically collasped on the couch beside Cameron.

''She's good isn't-" Cameron's sentence ended with a whimper as he made a move to shift to give his brother some space.

''What happened?" she asked him.

"Ugh.. just... I think I busted my back today when I was doing a dunk.'' he said rubbing his back.

Ally sighed, ''I told you. Don't be so hard on yourself, Miller. And it's cold it would take a long time to heal.''

''But I've to be there for the team you know..'' he said looking into the distance.

"Right. Get it checked by a doctor and get some rest." Callum said.

''I can't. I have to be there. It's important.'' he pressed.

She felt frustrated by him he was being overly stubborn. She got up and directed Callum, "Come on, Cal. Let's go. If he wants to break himself. There's nothing we can do about it." They both rose and started walking towards the door.

"And wear a shirt too while you cry in.pain.'' She shouted while walking away.

She heard him chuckle, ''Oh come on. You guys can at least cheer me up."