Chapter 43- The Big Bump

As soon as they reached the hotel's parking lot, the loud music, hustling and bustling teenagers, innumerable ball gowns and tuxedos made Ally jitter with nervousness. She was afraid of people's reaction and a ton of questions that were waiting to pop up the second she walks with Cameron. She always knew it would be difficult to be with someone so popular and demanded in school. In theory, she had been preparing herself for this moment for a month now, but now as it was becoming real, all her planning was flushed down in that overwhelming moment.

"You ready?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah." But she was far from being ready. She was clutching the door handle too hard, her face turned pale and he noticed that quickly.

"Hey," He reached and put a hand on her exposed thigh, "It's going to be fine." His soothing voice and calming touch gave her a little courage and she smiled at him.

When she was about to open the door, he hurriedly said opening his door, "Oh no. No, wait I want to do this right."

She kept telling him that it wasn't necessary but he didn't listen. She saw him run towards her side to open the door for her. She shook her head, "There was no need for that. I can open my door." She shook her head.

"I know but I just wanted to do this." He offered his forearm for her to hook her arm inside. She inserted her hand clumsily and together they walked like a Victorian age couple.

"You're so dramatic." She remarked as they walked towards the entrance.

"Or romantic?" He proudly said. As soon as they were close to the entrance they caused a lot of heads to turn. All of her schoolmates looked at her differently, some boys even smiled at her probably because they had never seen her dress in something elegant. And some shamelessly stared at them wondering what in the hell were they doing together.

She ignored the stares and smiled at some familiar faces. "Wow. This is crazy." She heard him say scanning the number of eyes on them.

"Just walk and ignore them." She whispered.

Finally, what seemed like an eternity they were inside the hall. In the hall, they weren't subjected to scrutinizing eyes since people were busy dancing and enjoying themselves. Only those who noticed their presence around looked at them strangely, the others were lost in unawareness and ecstasy.

"We made it safely." She sighed and he laughed. She turned her head around to see the hall decorated lavishly with banners, pictures, and a board beside the stage that adorned the best moments from the school year. The DJ was playing party hits against a textured blue backdrop on top of which was a banner- McKenzie High School Class of 2014-15, written in glitters of blue and white. Colorful balloons were scattered on the dance floor and the disco lighting was giving it the vibe of a nightclub.

"Everything looks beautiful, Miller." She said to him still gazing at the colorful patches of lights. "Especially the food counter." There was a long line of food and beverage counters set on either side of the big hall which was already swarmed by their schoolmates.