Chapter 10- Surprises

Chapter 10 – Surprises

“What are you doing here?!” Ally hissed as she came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her naked body. She clutched it closer to herself not willing to show anything inappropriate to the boy who was in her room very early in the morning.

Cameron Miller.

His gaze roamed all over her wet body after finally meeting her eyes.

“Ooh. I like what I see.” He said. To say that Ally was embarrassed was an understatement. She just wanted to wrap herself in a cover and never come out again. But instead she stared at her feet. She was too shy to look at him.

As if sensing her tensed posture he stood up from her bed and straightened himself.

“How did you get in here?” she said not meeting his gaze. He couldn’t really get in through the front door that was impossible. Her mom never allowed boys in her room. “You should really close your balcony door.” He said as he moved forward to her balcony.  A few heavy steps and he had easily climbed down.

Ally spotted his black car parked on the road. As she had left her own car in the school, Thanks to Cameron’s stupid prank, she had to fetch a ride with Cameron today. She quickly dressed and put on some good pair of shoes. She had to look presentable. Jake was in her class. She couldn’t manage to look like a potato in front of him. ‘Things I do for my crush.’ She thought to herself.

When she entered the kitchen she saw her mom, her back was turned. She was cooking something.

“Breakfast is kept on the table.” She said coldly. Ally sensed she was still mad about leaving her car at school.

She quickly picked up the sandwich and was about to move when her mom’s voice startled her.

“Who are you going with?”

“This boy from my class. He dropped me home yesterday and he offered to give me a ride today. So…” she trailed off. She had told her mom the slipping thing but she didn’t mention it was because of Cameron or she would have never allowed going with him.

“Okay. Is...He your friend?” the question caught Ally by surprise. She hadn’t really thought about what they were.

They were just... “Acquaintance” she told slightly unsure of what to say.

“Good. I hope he’s not your friend. You know how these boys are they trap you by saying sweet things then use and throw you.”

Ally sighed at her mother’s another lecture. She didn’t want her morning to be spoiled.

“Mom, I am 17. I can take care of myself. ” she shouted.

“You’re so rude, Ally. You talk just like your father.” Her mom said. But Ally was already walking to the door. She got out and didn’t forget to slam the door shut.  She stomped towards Cameron’s car and decided to not let her mother’s comments ruin her day.

“Anything wrong?” Cameron asked as he turned on the engine.

“Nothing.” She stated unemotionally as she looked out the window.

“Do you want to talk about it?” She looked at him to check if the words actually rolled out of his mouth or not.

After a few seconds, she simply answered “No.” and concentrated on her sandwich. He didn’t ask her anything after that. There was complete silence in the car. But it was comfortable. She was glad he didn’t push her to talk about something she didn’t want to discuss with anyone.