Chapter Seven

Sarah

We walked to the register where I paid for both dolls, three Disney-themed pullovers, and three pairs of Disney ears. Glancing back, I saw that Emily was still talking to the older boy.

"Hey, did you see that she found a Prince Charming?" I asked Rosie, taking our merchandise in the bag provided for us.

"Where?" She poked her head to peer at them, "Oh, ew!"

"What? Are you jealous?" I asked the child jokingly.

"Blegh, no way! He's an old fart," Rosie crossed her arms, sticking her tongue out at him.

"He's probably like sixteen years old," I chuckled in amusement.

She seemed disgusted by the guy leeching on my sister. Was I? I had to admit that his flirting was pretty bad, but other than that, he appeared to be a reasonably nice guy.

"Okay Emily, we got the boring stuff done! Can we go on rides now?!" Rosie yelled at them from across the room.

I probably should've scolded her for interrupting them, but our time was limited. We were going to California Adventure tomorrow, and Disneyland today. The trip was over tomorrow evening, so if Emily wanted to chat with the guy all day, she could get his phone number or social media.

Emily jogged up to us, "Hey, go ahead without me for now! I'll catch up with you guys soon."

I saw Rosie's excitement deflate.

"Well, okay. Don't be a slowpoke then," I pushed a smile.

"It won't be long," she tried to assure us.

"Oh wait," I pulled her pink Disney pull-over and Mickey ears from the bag, "These are yours."

"Thanks, sis! I pinkie promise I'll be quick!" Emily told Rosie and I.

When she ran off with the older guy, I saw Rosie pull the Aurora doll from her bag.

"I think I should return this one," she spitefully muttered, crossing her arms.

"Oh, don't say that," I chuckled, putting the doll Rosie thought looked like Emily back into the bag, "She said she wasn't going to be long. Let's go stand in a longer line, so maybe when she's ready, she can come with us."

"Okay!" Rosie dropped her irritation at the new plan, holding my hand as we stepped out of the store so she wouldn't get lost.

We first stopped at the bathroom so we could change into our new Disney merchandise. I pulled the blue Disney sweatshirt over the white tank top and pleated skirt I was wearing, then put on my sparkling blue Disney ears. Rosie wore the same sweatshirt, but purple, over her pink dress, and wore sparkling purple Disney ears.

We had gone through several rides and lines as we waited for Emily. Rosie had kept insisting that I check my phone to make sure she wasn't trying to find us.

By lunchtime, I decided to text the girl to make sure she hadn't gotten kidnapped. We sat down at an empty table, planning to get lunch once we heard from my sister.

Messages:

Me: Hey Em. Everything okay? It's been a

few hours and we haven't heard from you.

Emily: Hey! Tell Rosie I said hi! I'm with Brandon

in California Adventure right now, about to get on