Chapter Five

Emily

Thankfully, the soccer game managed to cheer Sarah up and help forget her terrible school day. I hoped the positive mood would stay around long enough for the next day.

Unfortunately, the realization that she had to go back to school sent her into a panic that next morning. Rosie wasn't exactly the most helpful about the situation either.

"Hey, you're not getting back on that bus again. I won't leave you to deal with these people by yourself anymore," I reminded my sister.

"I know- but the moment you step away, they will actually murder me! Especially now that they know you know-"

"Oh, you switched..." Rosie snickered, causing Sarah and I to share a confused glance.

"What? I've heard you say it. Stitches get switches," She defended herself.

"Oh, you mean 'snitches get stitches,'" I realized, causing Sarah to sink her face into her arms over the kitchen table.

"Yes," Rosie pointed at me, then sent a pitiful look toward her, "Dang, that sucks for you, Sarah. Guess you're getting stitches."

"It's just an expression," I sat beside Sarah, "You'll be fine! I one hundred percent pinkie promise you."

She sat up, looking at me as she sighed, "I just don't think I can do it, Em! I think I'll stay home. You should go though."

"What? Without you? That's boring!" I whined, causing her to roll her eyes a little.

"You have your friends. Don't miss class because of me," she poked my shoulder, then remembered, "Wait, can you write notes for me today?"

While I assumed she'd be fine at home with Rosie, I still didn't want to go to school knowing she was too anxious to come because of bullies. It would kill me all day, and I'd probably end up yelling at someone (a certain bully in particular).

Maybe it was best to take a day or two off?

"No," I responded simply, crossing my arms.

"No? But Em, you know I get embarrassed asking the teach-"

"No, because I'm not going to school either," I told her.

"So two dingbats are going to be sitting at home uselessly," Rosie muttered in the background.

Disregarding the younger girl's remarks, Sarah's eyes widened, "Why? You really should go!"

"We're going to Disneyland!" I announced, to which Rosie shot out of the seat and zoomed over to me.

"Disneyland?! Really? Right now?! Today?" Rosie asked, piping up with a child-like excitement (Well duh, she was a child).

"What the heck?! On a school day? Mom and Dad will kill us!" Sarah reminded me.

"That would be rude. I heard Disneyland is really fun!" Rosie countered.

"Uh, they'd kill me if I sent you alone. You're not going alone obviously."

"Em, randomly deciding to fly from Oregon to Southern California to spend a day at Disneyland isn't very realistic. We haven't planned anything, and as fun as that sounds, that's so random and expensive!" she tried to knock reality back into my head, but I wouldn't take it.

My favorite doll came to life. What was realistic anymore?

"I don't care. You're having fun today," I picked up my phone to text my friends that I wasn't going to school for the next two days.

"You're serious? We're just heading on out to Disneyland, California?" Sarah questioned, trying to study my expressions to see if I was just going to crack up and start laughing.

"Yes, I'm serious! Get packing!" I stood up, dragging her out of the chair.

Rosie followed us to our room, unsure of what to pack. She didn't exactly have belongings that were her size anymore.

"I'll pack for you," I reassured Rosie, then told Sarah, "We're staying tonight and tomorrow night, so pack accordingly."

"With what money?!" She asked, pulling her blue sparkly travel luggage out from under her bed, then my pink one out from under my bed. She kicked a few clothes that came out with the luggage back under the bed.

"Our allowances, you llama," I knocked on her head as if it were empty.

"Yeah, but Mom and Dad said we shouldn't spend too much of it in case there's an emergency!" Sarah told me, pulling the luggages open on her bed.

I gave her an exasperated look, "This is an emergency. You need a break."

She finally surrendered with an exhausted laugh, "That's so wrong, but you're not wrong about that."

"You're probably both wrong, but I don't care," Rosie chimed in, "Disneyland is more fun than school, so let's do that."

"You don't even go to school," I reminded the doll-child.

"She probably should start going to school since it's illegal for kids not to," Sarah realized, and I nodded.

"Ew, why? School sounds boring. Look what it did to Sarah's eye," Rosie pointed out.

"That was because she got bullied by very mean people, and you're getting registered when we get back from Disneyland. Sarah, get packing."