Choices

Choices

Henri’s POV

            Turn around right now Henri. We owe Gabe and Dare an explanation.

            No we don’t Angie. Besides, this way we can make sure that we never lose anyone again and Gabriel always have a mate if we don’t succeed in this.

            But they will lose us Henri. And they will feel exactly how we are feeling right now. We can’t do that to them.

            I refuse to just sit back and let them die for me Angel! If I can’t stop this on my own, then giving my life for the lives of others will and they will be safe. They might not like what I’ve done, but at least they’ll be alive.

            What about Gabriel? He’s waited so long for us. I shake my head and block her out. I could feel my brothers try to break the walls that I had placed in my mind, but I just made them stronger. They would just try and convince me that my idea was foolish, even though they didn’t know what it was.

            I laugh softly as I ran through the woods. If they knew what my plan was, they would have every pack within a hundred mile radius looking for me. Angel kept trying to talk to me to get me to turn back, but I just kept blocking her out as well. It pained me greatly to leave Gabriel, but I was doing this for him, for my brothers.

            You wouldn’t be doing this if Dean hadn’t died and you know it. Somehow she managed to slip through my shields. Running faster, I try to keep my mind from traveling over the events of the past several months. I had to stay strong, just until I reached their stronghold.

            Goddess what do I do when I reach them?

            I see that you’ve decided to sacrifice your life instead of joining with Gabriel to stop them. Why?

            It’s just easier this way, for everyone. Please tell me what to do when I find them.

            Ask for Declan Moss. Tell whoever finds you that you will only speak to him. When they bring you to him, you will know it’s him because of his eyes. The right one is a jet black and the left one is a forest green. Once you’re before him, look him in the eye and say, “Tá mé an ceann atá tú ag lorg.” He will understand.

            What does it mean?

            It means “I’m the one you’ve been looking for.” Henri, you could choose to mate with Gabriel and stop the war from happening instead of giving your life up.

            No, this is the only choice for me. This way I insure that everyone I love will stay alive. They won’t die for me. Not when I can prevent it. Have you picked his new mate?

            Her name is McKenna Stone. You would approve of her Henri. She’s lost her first mate to a few hunters.

            Good. Could I ask about Dare’s mate? I know that he’s worried that he won’t find her. I hear her sigh softly. What happened?

            His mate died the year he found you. He doesn’t have a second one. That’s rare among my children. And it’s rare for a wolf to have four mates.