Demons & Battles

Demons & Battles

Gabriel’s POV

            I couldn’t believe her. Ripping the throat out of a wolf, I pivot and race towards the front of the house. I slide to a stop. Henri and Kirk, the professional assassin, were circling each other. I start to walk forwards, but then I notice that everything around me is frozen; except for Henri, Kirk and myself.

            I watch as Henri slowly ices Kirk’s legs. As he tries to move, he realizes that he can’t. “What are you doing pup?” He taunts her. I cringe as her icy laugh fills the air. A slight shudder rips through my body.

            “Oh, I’m just about to repay you for the deaths of my parents. You remember them, right?” Her voice sounded so sweet, it made my stomach hurt. Suddenly I notice a ball of fire in her hand. Kirk sees it and I watch as his face pales. I lend some of my power to her and the fire ball grows.

            I had faced Kirk once before, the night he killed Robert and Hannah. Not even once did he show the look of fear and terror that was now written plain on his face. To tell you the truth, if I was in his place and facing Henri, I’d be scared out of my mind as well.

            “I hope you said goodbye to those you love killer. Unlike me, I didn’t have the chance when you killed them so long ago.”

            “I always tell them goodbye when I leave for a job.” Henri glares at him then throws the fireball. It hits him and within seconds nothing but a small pile of ash remains of Kirk.

            “Gabriel.” Henrietta whispers as her eyes roll back and she falls unconscious. Time resumes its pace and I rush towards her barely catching her. “It’s alright my love. I have you.” I place a soft kiss on her cheek as I carry her to my house. I heard several wolves run into the yard and then towards the house.

            I don’t look back as I carry my mate to the hospital floor. I would make sure that she gets looked after first before I talk to anyone. Leaving her with the doctor and my beta, I make my way outside. Standing on my porch stood Alpha Reid and several of his pack members along with an alpha I didn’t recognize.

            When they notice me, several give me glares. “I want my sister.” A man says as he steps towards me. I could sense that he was a beta. “Your sister is at the moment unable to do anything.” I say monotone. This young beta didn’t like that to well. He growls softly at me. “What do you mean?”

            “I mean that she just fought with a professional assassin. The battle took more out of her than she realized it would. I tried telling her to wait for me, but my little mate is very stubborn.” I chuckle softly but stop when I notice the look of confusion on their faces. Sighing, I step back and invite them in.

            “Only the ones that are close to Henrietta should follow me to my office. There are some things that you need to hear about her.” As I make my way down the hall, I notice that the beta, Alpha Reid and his pack members followed. Closing the door to my office, I sit behind my desk. “Y’all might as well take a seat. This is a long story.” They nod at me as I watch them. I take a deep breath and start to talk.

Henri’s POV

            I couldn’t believe that I actually killed someone. I know that it was either him or me, and I would chose me any day, but I’ve never had to take someone’s life. Opening my eyes, I start to walk through a thick forest. “Hello, is anyone there?” I call out as I slowly make my way towards a bright light.