Training Starts

Training Starts

Henri’s POV

            I woke up at exactly 4:30. Slipping into some running shorts and a black sports bra, I pull on my running shoes and put my hair into a tight pony tail. Leaving Louis asleep in our bed, I grab a bullhorn and silently make my way to the bottom of the stairs. Taking a deep breath, I yell, “Alright you lazy bums! Get out of bed and get dressed. Whoever’s not in the back yard in exactly ten minutes will have to run extra. As of right now, you have one hundred laps For every minute that you’re late, that’s another lap you have to run. Let’s go!”

            Hearing bodies hit the floor, I stifle a laugh. My brothers were up already. Standing under a tree in the back yard, I wait. In five minutes, half of the Carruthers pack is standing before me. It took the remaining five minutes for the rest of the pack to make it outdoors. Only three were late. Gideon, his mate, and a boy I hadn’t met. I look them straight in the eye. “Congratulations. The three of you have to run an extra seventeen miles.”

            The she-wolf opens her mouth to protest, but I give her a death stare. “Either you run, or we leave.” She snaps her mouth shut and nods. Gideon snickers at me. “Do you have something stuck in your throat?”

            “No. But I’m not running seventeen more miles.” He sneers at me. I give him an evil smile. “If you don’t run Gideon Elijah Watson, then I’ll make you. And trust me, you do not want to get into a fight with me. You’ll lose.” He seemed to think about it, and he steps back. I laugh inside. Linking with Aaron and Dean, I tell them what I want the idiots to do.

            Everyone but Gideon, the she-wolf with him, and that guy has to run twenty miles. They have to do an extra seventeen. Afterwards, I want them to give one hundred pushups. Anyone that complains or tries to drop out, I want them to give another hundred.

            Working ‘em hard huh sis? I could hear the smile in Dean’s words. They deserve it. And no going easy on anyone. They nod. I watch as they pack lines up. They in a blink of an eye, they’re gone. I link with Ryan. Ryan, where are you?

            I’m in my office Henri. What do you need?

            I was wondering if you’d like to go into town with me for a bite to eat?

            Sure, I’d like that. Just give me five minutes, and I’ll be out. His words sounded sad to me, but I just brushed it off. That’s fine. I’ll be in the woods watching the idiots run. He cuts the link as I make my way through the woods. Climbing into a tall tree, I find a seat on a thick branch and watch.

            Gideon and the two wolves that were with him were in the middle of the pack. I thought that they would be in the front, if not leading the pack by a few lengths. I shake my head in disgust. An alpha should be the fittest member of the pack. He has to be in order to lead and protect his pack. Gideon was a poor excuse of an alpha.

            I look at the she-wolf. Dean, who’s the wolf with Watson?

            I heard that she’s his mate. But she’s not his second mate. He marked her. I heard that she found her mate just after she was marked by Gideon.

            Who was her true mate?

            Some say it’s Ryan, and a few others say it’s the TIC. They’re not really sure.